Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received an email which is asking for further information in relation to my EOI I have submitted. In particular they are asking for evidence of my commitment to the state of Queensland.

What would count as evidence? I have lived there for almost 3 years in the past and have numerous friends and experiences in the state but I don't see this as hard evidence. What would perople suggest I supply as evidence?

Thanks

G

·
I have received an email which is asking for further information in relation to my EOI I have submitted. In particular they are asking for evidence of my commitment to the state of Queensland.

What would count as evidence? I have lived there for almost 3 years in the past and have numerous friends and experiences in the state but I don't see this as hard evidence. What would perople suggest I supply as evidence?

Thanks
I see that as hard evidence. A statement saying just that, how much you enjoyed your time their, nanes & addresses of your friends and previous employers there. Your reasons why its the place for you. Is their someone or a company who have said they could give you a job, say so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can certainly get that information, I was just a little worried that they wouldn't count that as hard evidence for my commitment and therefore was a little perplexed as to what would be considered as acceptable.

Thanks for the help!

P.S. jayptl - it was from a state officer, I haven't applied for PR, its a 4 year working visa. I am trying to meet the requirements set by the state for their sponsorship to apply for the visa.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I see that as hard evidence. A statement saying just that, how much you enjoyed your time their, nanes & addresses of your friends and previous employers there. Your reasons why its the place for you. Is their someone or a company who have said they could give you a job, say so.
Perhaps also a copy of rent agreements (Specially if there is an ongoing contract) could be considered solid evidence?

G

·
Yes the commitment is more about your desire and willingness to stay in the state. For someone who has already lived there that means your ties to the state that make you want to stay. Why would you flit off to NSW to be all alone when you have a network of support in Queensland.

Your ability to integrate is less important than someone who has never been there as you have done that before already. Your ability to find work is important but emphasis local knowledge and friends who can help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, it's very much appreciated.

I have emailed my old employer in Queensland to ask for a letter which will stipulate that should the industry improve and I was residing in Queensland they would happily employ me again (Something I know they are willing to do). I will also write a statement explaining my ties to the state with my network of friends, business contacts and general interest through career development.

I have also been asked to supply information which will display evidence of sufficient funds to make the move. How much would be suitable? $10,000? $20,000?

G

·
Will you be going to live with friends? If so the smaller amount should be fine along with a letter from them saying as much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will stay with a friend in Brisbane for a couple of weeks so I can find some form of accommodation in the Sunshine Coast but the nature of the visa means that I will have to live away from them all as they are all based in Brisbane, not a single one lives in the Sunshine Coast.

I think I can live up to 3 months in Brisbane while I find some form of accommodation and job as I would be on a holiday visa. But any job I work would have to be regional so i will apply for jobs in the Sunny Coast once I arrive.

G

·
Ok so the fact you cany with them is good, proves you have the support. Along with a letter saying you could get a job at your old place if work means income so put down whichever figure you can prove if asked. Not usual to be asked to prove it lately but you never know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the form they sent me to clarify how much funds I had they asked to provide proof with banbk statements. It's something i can do so it's not that big a deal.

Do you have any idea of an estimation of how long it would be between me sending off the details and then hearing if they will sponsor me. And if they are willing to sponsor me how long it would take to be invited to apply for my visa?

·
Registered
38 Posts

Thanks
It's not so much 'evidence' as a letter documenting why you want to migrate and live in Queensland. I also got a Queensland SS, and have had to make this letter before. What I added was:
> Job prospects in Queensland. I gave examples of the vast numbers of companies doing business in my occupation, and related it to the fact that there is a greater field of work in Queensland
> Climate, lifestyle
> Cost of living in Queensland is lower than some other states
> There's a lot of universities all over the place for my daughter, meaning that there'll be one close to wherever we may end up living
> I also added some statistics and specific names of companies to show that I have indeed been researching on Queensland

Basically, things saying that you do prefer Queensland and genuinely feel that you could be happy and grow there.

On the form they sent me to clarify how much funds I had they asked to provide proof with banbk statements. It's something i can do so it's not that big a deal.

Do you have any idea of an estimation of how long it would be between me sending off the details and then hearing if they will sponsor me. And if they are willing to sponsor me how long it would take to be invited to apply for my visa?
I'm not sure what the average time is for SS to be issued, but for me, it was under a week. And, you get a visa invitation automatically. Queensland will send you a letter of your success, and DIAC will also send you a SkillSelect notification at the same time telling you that you can now apply for the visa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input, its certainly very helpful. I am feeling pretty confident about getting sponsorship from the state more and more.

It's also goods to hear about the quick return for confirmation of sponsorship and the invite to apply. Once you are awarded a visa am I right in thinking you then have 6 months to make the move before the visa becomes invalid?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the input, its certainly very helpful. I am feeling pretty confident about getting sponsorship from the state more and more.

It's also goods to hear about the quick return for confirmation of sponsorship and the invite to apply. Once you are awarded a visa am I right in thinking you then have 6 months to make the move before the visa becomes invalid?
This forum may give more light on the matter: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...lia/130892-initial-entry-dates-189-190-a.html. It's apparently not definite when your initial entry date will be, usually according to the CO, and your PCC.

Best of luck to you, perhaps we'll even run into each other in Queensland someday :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reality of commitment to state?

Hi guys,

I have a question for senior expats of this forum.

I read that getting state nomination from a particular state means that you commit with state that you'll stay with that particular state for at least two years. Does that commitment imply any legal obligation as well ?

a) Is that person allowed to work in any other state before 2 years ?
b) If any one works in another state, would that be a legal offense ?
c) If a person works in another state before 2 years, will that create any problems
when citizenship is applied for ?
d) what are the legal / legitimate grounds on which a person may be allowed by nominating state to work in another state of his / her choice ?

By the way, I've for SS from NSW and expecting results after Xmas holidays any time.

-Ahmed

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
asimak77 said:
Hi guys, I have a question for senior expats of this forum. I read that getting state nomination from a particular state means that you commit with state that you'll stay with that particular state for at least two years. Does that commitment imply any legal obligation as well ? a) Is that person allowed to work in any other state before 2 years ? b) If any one works in another state, would that be a legal offense ? c) If a person works in another state before 2 years, will that create any problems when citizenship is applied for ? d) what are the legal / legitimate grounds on which a person may be allowed by nominating state to work in another state of his / her choice ? By the way, I've for SS from NSW and expecting results after Xmas holidays any time. -Ahmed
Currently, there is a moral obligation for you to work and live in the sponsoring state for a minimum of two years, after which you are free to move wherever you want to.

1. Morally and if you keep to your agreement, no, you are not allowed to work in another state, unless you ask permissions from the sponsoring state and they agree to release you from your obligations. The sponsoring state sends you a survey every six months that you are required to fill in and return and once you arrive in the state, then you need to notify them of your arrival and provide your details. That said, legally, there is nothing stopping you from doing the contrary.

2. Not legally but if you want to work elsewhere why bother applying for state sponsorship somewhere else in the first place. Leave that state sponsorship for someone who genuinely wants it and will do their utmost to fulfil their moral obligations, considering that for a lot of people, Australia would be but a distant dream if not for state sponsorship.

3. Not at present but considering how people quickly forget their obligations, I reckon it won't be long before measures are tightened to stop people abusing the system and flaunting the loopholes. It seems that immigration is cracking down on those on a temporary visa who then apply for a permanent visa and the application is refused if they have not lived in the sponsoring state or particular region for the required period but so far, there is nothing stopping a PR from applying for citizenship if they have casually forgotten their obligation.

4. Some people ask to leave after trying unsuccessfully for a long time to find a job in the sponsoring state. Each case is decided based on its own merit and you would need to provide evidence to support your request. If you go through the forum, there are stories where people have both been successful and unsuccessful in getting the state to release them from their obligation. Personally, I think that if you are already thinking of ways to leave, the. You should consider applying for a 189 visa because state sponsorship is obviously not for you and each time someone ignores their obligation, it just makes it harder for the next visa applicant to get sponsorship.

Have a read through the old threads. This topic has been discussed to death and is somewhat of a sensitive topic on the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts