Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I know I've seen this a million times, but of course now that I'm pulling together my paperwork I can't find it anywhere.

What constitutes evidence of accommodation when you own (mortgage) a house? Is it a letter from the lender, council tax receipts, something else I'm not thinking of?

AmericanInScottland, what did you all use?

M

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I used a mortgage statement for the last year, a copy of the title deeds and two utility bills. Not all of those were essential (I think deeds OR mortgage statements will suffice) but I wanted to cover all bases! Was fine.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a mortgage statement for the last year, a copy of the title deeds and two utility bills. Not all of those were essential (I think deeds OR mortgage statements will suffice) but I wanted to cover all bases! Was fine.
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
We used the paid off mortgage and council tax paperwork, and a statement from my husband as to the size and number of rooms-something that was on the extra side, btw, but like 2Farapart, we thought more info the better. The mortgage info gave a description of the house so the UKBA could see it met the required standard, though.

Have you had a look at this:

UK Border Agency | Maintenance and accommodation (MAA)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We used the paid off mortgage and council tax paperwork, and a statement from my husband as to the size and number of rooms-something that was on the extra side, btw, but like 2Farapart, we thought more info the better. The mortgage info gave a description of the house so the UKBA could see it met the required standard, though.

Have you had a look at this:

UK Border Agency | Maintenance and accommodation (MAA)
I swear you have every link on the UKBA website bookmarked (with an easy filing system - or you know how to search their site successfully). I've never seen this page even though I thought I've been through almost all of the site.

M

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I swear you have every link on the UKBA website bookmarked (with an easy filing system - or you know how to search their site successfully). I've never seen this page even though I thought I've been through almost all of the site.

M
I have folders and sub-folders on my favourites bookmark bar, plus, with the MacBook, I can put the really important stuff on the tool bar in folders. Force of information retrieval habit-I'm a retired bureaucrat, lol!

But I'm not the only one here with a system, there is of course the incomparable Joppa, Mod-Extraordinaire, and then several others (Nyclon, Teuchter, 2Farapart, more). This membership has an outstanding wealth of group knowledge, I really love it here!

·
Super Moderator
5,180 Posts
Hi Guys,

I know I've seen this a million times, but of course now that I'm pulling together my paperwork I can't find it anywhere.

What constitutes evidence of accommodation when you own (mortgage) a house? Is it a letter from the lender, council tax receipts, something else I'm not thinking of?

AmericanInScottland, what did you all use?

M
It's my understanding (based on info from Transpondia) that the property's entry at the Land Registry would suffice, if one has a mortgage on their place... that and proof that the mortgage payments are coming out of the Sponsor's bank account.

Is this information correct?
(Ed will be contacting the Registry in the coming weeks for a copy of his entry to put into our application package)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yes, that should be fine too. This document will have ownership name and date the property was bought. You can always mark the mortgage payments on the statement or add a covering letter to detail them. If I recall correctly (guesswork warning!), the document also bears the name of the mortgaging bank or society too. I can't check mine because we've now packed it ready for our visa plea first thing Monday morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.