Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I am having to travel back to the UK (somewhat urgently) and I am in the middle of registering my car from the UK to French plates. My carte Grise has arrived but only just and I have yet to make the plates up. It appears my car, on UK plates is still on the DVLA system and insured in the UK. As soon as I can I will get the plates made up & everything changed over. I have all documents with me but do you think I will have any problems at Eurotunnel? There's no contact telephone number for them and I don't want to make a mistake. I could rush into Calais and have the plates made up prior to my crossing (I'm at a hotel here) or do you think it will be ok? Any advise is greatly received and appreciated.

Charlotte

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
From not recent experience the important thing is that the ticket reflects the registration plates shown on the car when you pass through the Fr and Uk controls. I know that that they have automatic camera recognition systems that will flag up cars on "special" lists.

In your case as long as the ticket and number plates agree, and that you carry the relevant paperwork with you I doubt it will be a problem. Perhaps more recent travellers through the tunnel could comment too?

DejW

·
Registered
6 Posts
As DejW says ANPR at the Eurotunnel will be looking to tally registration on car with ticket details so as long as that is in order should not be a problem.

Also there should be no reason for staff at Eurotunnel to check your car documents - only likelihood of that is when you are in UK and your car registration gets pinged by police ANPR, but if the car is still showing as registered and insured on DVLA records, can't see a problem.

Presume you have all the relevant paperwork to show the transition?

CN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.