Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is currently in Premier and we are thinking about Uni for him. Does anyone have experience of searching/applying to Uni in Europe, other than France or UK? He'll be in Science and preferably hopes to be taught in English, though is bilingual with French.
Of course, we need to know how the system for applying for funding works too....
Our meagre experience so far is that French universities are not very well regarded. So we wondered about elsewhere, or do we just bite the UK bullet, with all that entails?
Any suggestions gratefully received, especially as No. 2 son will follow the year after!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Many French universities are very very highly regarded and extremely affordable...get your son to look at the Campus France site or the Post BAC site.
On the Post BAC site (Admission Post Bac) you can search and apply online for courses; there are still some things that must be sent to the university by mail (eg: bulletins).

There are some universities that teach in English but are still part of the public school system. Grenoble is a good place to look. As far as pricing goes in a public university you shouldn't be expecting more than 500eu a year.

If you are low-income earners, you sons probably won't have to pay the fee (look for information about getting a 'bourse'/scholarship).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks to you both for your replies - sorry about the delay, been busy at work. I will certainly check out the Europa site and the others mentioned. They look good places to start at least!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Another idea is to talk to exchange students from other countries. I don't know if the Erasmus program includes many Science students, but it's a suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.