Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a EU national and living and working in UK for last 5 years. Can I bring my non EU aunty to join me in UK?

Please advice..

Thanks

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
She will count as extended family member. You need to show she is financially dependent on you, or she relies on you to care for her because she has a serious health condition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

She is not well health wise but what if home office say.. if she come she will burden on NHS. I am reading on this forum and people are saying that it is impossible to bring elderly relatives or parents to UK after 2012.

Could you please give me some more advice.

Many thanks
MS

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
That's not a concern under EEU rules, but she must be financially dependent on you (for essentials, not just a top-up) or you are her main carer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of visa she need apply from her native country and the documents I need to provide for a visa?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
She applies for EEA family permit as extended family member, and other than identity documents like passport, evidence that she is your aunt (such as birth certificates, marriage certificates etc), you need to show she is financially dependent (bank transfer record, bank statement etc) or you are her main carer (e.g. statement by doctor, social worker etc).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.