Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the recent British Airways flights chaos in mind due to a Data Centre outage.

Here's another useful bit of EU law that Brit's or anyone of any nationality might lose after the 29th March 2019.
If their flight departs from a non EU country ( in this case Britain )

EU Flight delay rights

If your flight departed from within the EU or was with a European airline, you might have rights under EU law to
claim for compensations for the delay or cancellation was within the airlines control.

Short-haul flights: 250 Euros for delays of more than 3 hours.

Medium-haul flights: 400 Euros for delays of more than 3 hours.

Long-haul flights: 300 Euros for delays of between 3 and 4 hours & 600 Euros for delays of
more than 4 hours.

If your flights delayed for 2 or more hours, the airline must offer food and drink, access to phone calls and emails
as well as accommodation if your delayed overnight - including transfers between the airport and the hotel.

Of course I'm not saying that the above rights might not be retained as part of the EU - British Brexit negotiations
beginning ( hopefully ) in June but with the most likely scenario being a hard Brexit along the lines of 'Welcome to Brussels' here's your final bill for exiting the EU, after which David Davis will no doubt render that famous line 'will you take American Express ?' :lol: before the British delegation walks out, no doubt on pre-booked flights back to the UK while the PM
announces the oft quoted line, 'A Hard Brexit's better than a bad deal' to the waiting journalists stationed
outside 10 Downing Street.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,332 Posts
I think it's just another example of how complex post Brexit regulations in the UK will be. Are these regulations part of the " great repeal act" where EU law remains until the U K government looks at each individual case and decided whether or not it is kept or thrown out. I'm not sure that this comes under negotiations.?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's just another example of how complex post Brexit regulations in the UK will be. Are these regulations part of the " great repeal act" where EU law remains until the U K government looks at each individual case and decided whether or not it is kept or thrown out. I'm not sure that this comes under negotiations.?
Too right we don't know. No doubt with a Tory Government with a greater majority on the cards.
No doubt the Tories will keep those parts of EU law that suits them, the CBI and big business and curtail those
parts of EU law that have always annoyed the Tory rank & file.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.