Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a U.S. citizen living in UK with my Spanish wife exercising her treaty rights. My EU family permit expired in April 2015. I applied for EEA2 in January 2015. I requested my passport back in April to travel for work in Belgium early May. I was allowed back in from France no problem. 2 weeks later, I went to Paris for a weekend with my wife and was hassled for an expired family permit and not having eea2. I showed proof of eea2 processing and proof of our marriage. They let me after holding me, and stated I shouldnt leave the UK till the EEA2 is finished processing. They stamped my passport with a stamp that says valid entry for six months and verbally said its only good for one entry.
My question:

Can I leave the country again and gain entry legally without having received my eea2 visa? (It is very important for work)

If so what documentation do I need at the border crossing?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
You already had a bad experience. Don't compound your problem by travelling before you get your residence card. They can read about what happened last time you were stopped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You already had a bad experience. Don't compound your problem by travelling before you get your residence card. They can read about what happened last time you were stopped.
Is there any way to renew the EEA Family Permit while waiting for the Residence Card?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
You can apply for new family permit while you are abroad. Not inside UK.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can apply for new family permit while you are abroad. Not inside UK.
What do you suggest is the best solution to travel while FP is expired and waiting for the residence card? My sister's wedding is in July in Italy and I am not so sure I will receive it by then, having applied February 9th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.