Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my Hungarian boyfriend and I are getting married soon (in the Philippines) and we are planning to move to the UK afterwards.

We've consulted immigration agents, one from the UK and one from Manila so we already know that we'll need an EEA family permit for me but I'd like to ask for advice on who you think will be best able to help us?

We're thinking the Manila agent will of course be more experienced in handling applications from the Philippines, but we're also wondering if the UK agent might have some more "insider" info on these types of applications.

I hope you can help us with any information from your experiences that will be relevant to our case -- from getting married to applying for the UK. Thanks!

·
Registered
38,981 Posts
You don't need any paid help.
Just apply for EEA family permit yourself.
You need:
You and your partner's passport (his passport can be a copy certified by Hungarian embassy).
Marriage certificate with professional English translation.
A letter from your partner stating he is going to UK and would request EEA family permit be issued to you so that you can come as well.
As you will be recently married, you need some evidence of a genuine marriage and relationship, such as joint tenancy, joint bank account, travels, photos, skype logs and other communications media etc.
You don't need to answer any questions regarding finance or accommodation. Just put N/A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Joppa. We're just nervous about overlooking some document/detail and risking my application in the process.

Anyway, with regards to financial capability to support our stay, how much would we need to have? Our plan is for my boyfriend to move there first and look for a job, and then I'll follow. Of course we'd like for me to be able to go there soonest, so around how much should we have if he's still, say, job-hunting when we apply?

·
Registered
38,981 Posts
As I have already said, you don't need to provide any financial information, as you are both still outside UK. Just answer any financial question with N/A.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im a filipino as well and when Applied EEA family permit I have submitted proof of relationship like photos, email, travel tickets. If you are unmarried partner then proof of living together for 2yrs. You don't need any financial reqyirements and any jobs as you are both coming to UK together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.