Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question.
I am an Italian citizen and have one of these paper carta d'identità (which falls apart in no time).
So I'm going to apply for an EU Carte de séjour. At least here it's plastic :)

Does anyone know if I can travel within Europe (i.e. fly) with this? Or only use it as my ID in France?

·
Administrator
53,184 Posts
You can certainly travel within the Schengen zone on a carte de séjour. For travel in and out of EU countries not part of Schengen, you'd probably do better to have your Italian passport or Italian identity card.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have still got my Italian carta d'identità It is in two and the rivets holding the photo have gone rusty.There was a few years back a move to amalgamate the tessera sanitaria and the carta into one easy to carry plastic card but I assume that is still subject to discussione and polemiche!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have still got my Italian carta d'identità It is in two and the rivets holding the photo have gone rusty.There was a few years back a move to amalgamate the tessera sanitaria and the carta into one easy to carry plastic card but I assume that is still subject to discussione and polemiche!
If you are resident in Italy you can get that but not outside of Italy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.