Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm currently doing my MSc in Mechanical Engg in UK and I'm graduating next month... I was following up the updates about EU's Blue card and recently I read that it's in effect from Aug 1st... I did my undergraduation in India in Mechanical Engg and I have 2 yrs of Work Experience in the industry (including 1yr of work ex at Ford). I would like to know the job scenario for Mechanical engineers at germany? Will they take the 2 yrs of work ex into consideration for the Blue card? I'm yet to register for German classes..Not knowing german be a barrier in considering my application?.. Pls advice..

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes the EU Bluecard is in effect.... I suggest you read this blog..
I cannot enter any URLs directly, as I am a new member, but google for "geekmadel Applying For An EU Blue Card"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rdeman...

I read through those sites.. It says that u need an equivalent degree and a job offer.. but how to aply for jobs in germany? I found a website (pls google EU Blue Card network and the first link) which lets u post ur resume and the employers will look into it.... Other than that is there any website/ options I can look into to apply for jobs there ? Learning German is a good thing, right?

Thanks!

P.S.I'm unable to post links as I'm a newbie

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
Thanks rdeman...

I read through those sites.. It says that u need an equivalent degree and a job offer.. but how to aply for jobs in germany? I found a website (pls google EU Blue Card network and the first link) which lets u post ur resume and the employers will look into it.... Other than that is there any website/ options I can look into to apply for jobs there ? Learning German is a good thing, right?

Thanks!

P.S.I'm unable to post links as I'm a newbie
The demand for mechanical engineers has picked up but it very much depends on which industry we are talking about.

To apply, you could contact big companies in your field directly - you know better than I which global players to contact.

Try web sites such as Jobs & Stellenangebote mit der Online Jobsuche finden | Jobbörse Monster.de or Jobbörse StepStone: Jobs und Stellenangebote

German for mechanical engineer is Maschinenbauingenieur, by the way. If you search for the English term, the likelihood to find an employer ready to sponsor non-EEA nationals might be greater.

If you are determined to move to Germany, learning German is a key factor. To be honest, even though you have two years work experienced, which is good, you are a recent graduate and unless you have some extraordinary niche skills, most employers will expect at least basic German skills.

This is what came up when searching 'mechanical engineer':

Mechanical Engineer Jobs

Please note that in Germany a good, detailed cover letter is important. The CV should be clearly structured and to the point. German employers also expect an application picture - a very good portrait photograph a bit bigger than passport size (think yearbook picture) of you wearing professional clothing and looking friendly and competent. The photo goes into the upper right corner of your CV.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i registered my self to EU Blue Card Network.
now its demanding 29 euros for documents verification.
is it real or scam?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes. I too tried it. At one section it says "The applicant must meet the ISCED education criteria (Directive 2009/50/EC) to apply for the EU Blue Card; diplomas must be approved before they are added to your profile." When trying to upload the diploma/degree it asks for payment for 29 Euros. Is this site legitimate? Anybody used it already ? Please share your comments.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What site is this? As far as I know u need a job to apply for blue card (at least in Germany).Also u need to apply in the foreigners office physically in Germany.
Yes. This website is not for applying blue card visa. It is just like a job portal where we create our profile for the prospective employer to see. As part for creating the profile, one need to upload his academic degree. The website says the degree has to be approved by them, for which you load the scan copy of degree + pay 29 euros. Please go through the site EU Blue Card Network
I checked in sites like scamadviser, it says the website is not looking suspicious. If any of our forum members used it, please let us know if it is genuine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do not pay Blue Card network

Do not pay Blue Card network 30 euros to confirm your diploma. It is a completely useless action. They will contact you with baiting messages about someone looking at your resume ,so you MUST rush and pay 29.99 to confirm your diploma or else you miss opportunities. This is complete BS. Every country requires separate submission of all your documents to the local office, so opening your profile on Blue Card Network is 100% useless. Paying money to them is 100% waste. Don't do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One option to move to germany is keep searching for the job and start learning german. After you get the job, based on salary offered and university degree you hold you can apply for blue card or work permit. Other option is apply job seeker visa, but coming on job seeker visa is helpful only if you have decent experience because german employers prefer to hire experienced candidates. It becomes difficult to get a job without experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Salaries or soft-slavery EU way

LH1004 May 25 8.24

Do not expect to be paid the same as locals in EU. You will be working for minimum allowed wage, which is around 37,000Eur /year. The employees next to you will be making double your salary because they are whiter than you. Even in USA where H1B is an ongoing scam they don't rip off migrant workers like they do in good old Europe. Demand equal treatment!!!

Considering that cost of living in Western Europe is relatively high and taxes are ridiculously high: you will be living like a poor person while your employer will be getting rich by mercilessly exploiting you due to lack of proper regulations or their enforcement in Europe.

You know why Europeans do not trust each other? Because they steal from each other and never get any punishment for that. The laws are soft and police is non-existent. Europeans try to take advantage of each other all the time. Now that they have internet nothing will stop a Euro thief.

You have to learn their useless local languages or else! Majority of Europeans don't speak any other language, but their mother's tongue. They like to boast about their education, but judging by English language proficiency they have nothing to be proud of. Remember Europe ends in Germany, if you have ever visited or read about Scandinavia do not assume that it is representative of the rest of EU. It is not! Southern and Central Europe are tribal, small-minded communities isolated from each other by prejudices and language.

Scandinavia is what people think when they speak highly of Europe, however Europe in essence is Belgium; small-minded like Dutch, disheveled like Wallonians.

·
Registered
142 Posts
LH1004 May 25 8.24

Do not expect to be paid the same as locals in EU. You will be working for minimum allowed wage, which is around 37,000Eur /year. The employees next to you will be making double your salary because they are whiter than you. Even in USA where H1B is an ongoing scam they don't rip off migrant workers like they do in good old Europe. Demand equal treatment!!!

Considering that cost of living in Western Europe is relatively high and taxes are ridiculously high: you will be living like a poor person while your employer will be getting rich by mercilessly exploiting you due to lack of proper regulations or their enforcement in Europe.

You know why Europeans do not trust each other? Because they steal from each other and never get any punishment for that. The laws are soft and police is non-existent. Europeans try to take advantage of each other all the time. Now that they have internet nothing will stop a Euro thief.

You have to learn their useless local languages or else! Majority of Europeans don't speak any other language, but their mother's tongue. They like to boast about their education, but judging by English language proficiency they have nothing to be proud of. Remember Europe ends in Germany, if you have ever visited or read about Scandinavia do not assume that it is representative of the rest of EU. It is not! Southern and Central Europe are tribal, small-minded communities isolated from each other by prejudices and language.

Scandinavia is what people think when they speak highly of Europe, however Europe in essence is Belgium; small-minded like Dutch, disheveled like Wallonians.
I haven't read so much poppycock in all my life. Do you even know where Europe is on the map of the World?

Please don't troll the forums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't read so much poppycock in all my life. Do you even know where Europe is on the map of the World?

Please don't troll the forums.
I was born in Europe and lived 19 years in US before returning to EU 3 years ago. I am the white employee making double of my immigrant co-workers at this moment, while working for one of the largest Corps in the World.

P.S. Who says "Poppycock" anymore?

·
Registered
142 Posts
LH1004 May 25 8.24

First off, nowhere in Europe is 37,000 Euros/year the minimum allowed wage. The real Europe, that is.

The minimum allowed wage varies between 1900 Euros per month (in Luxembourg) and 187 Euros per month (In Bulgaria). Even the number for Luxembourg is way less than the 37000 Euros you have imagined.

Eurostat - Tables, Graphs and Maps Interface (TGM) table

And for your information, I am not white, have been working in the EU for the past 19 years, and have never earned less than my white collegaues for doing the same job. In fact, in some jobs that I had, I was actually earning MORE than them as I was paying LESS taxes as an expatriate. I've heard the same from other colored people.

So if your 'World's largest corporation' is paying White employees more than the coloured immigrant ones, it is surely not in Europe or would have had its managers hauled off to jail for breaking EU regulations a long time ago.

You probably work in the middle east. What you say is quite prevalent there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear All

Please let me know, can start up a business(company) after getting a contracted Blue card in Italy..?

will there be a issue for the Visa status ...?

R

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
Dear All

Please let me know, can start up a business(company) after getting a contracted Blue card in Italy..?

will there be a issue for the Visa status ...?

R
A business in Germany? No. Your Italian BlueCard would be limited to a specific job in Italy.

Whether you'd be allowed to start a business in Italy while working your BlueCard job would be an Italy specific question, but I personally doubt it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read this about the EU Blue card

Amongst many exceptional advantages gained by becoming an EU Blue Card holder, presented below you may find an overview of the key beneficial components:

Equal work and salary conditions to national citizens,
Free movement throughout EU,
Social rights, including education, economic, cultural, human, health rights,
Family reunification and
Permanent-residency rights.

All benefits except for housing, loans and grants are provided to the EU Blue Card holders.

EU Blue Card holders are allowed to go back to their home countries or other non-EU states for a maximum of 12 consecutive months without losing the EU Blue Card ownership.

You can apply for the permanent residency permit after 33 months of working in the first hosting state, or 21 months if B1 language level knowledge is achieved.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts