Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I am an EU blue card holder from FRANCE. I am almost close to 2 years in blue card. Now i am thinking to change job. But new employer is not ready to spend anything additional but is ready to meet the salary conditions of EU Blue card. I have tried many options to get details and finally i have reached here for help.

I want to know what i have to do and what my new employer have to do if i want to change job after 2 years within FRANCE itself.

Is my understanding correct

(1) I should make sure the new job offer meet the salary requirement of the EU blue card. Nothing have to be informed to prefecture as first 2 years is over and no change in member state for new job. New employer doesn't need to inform anything to prefecture either as my Blue card is still valid.

(2)For renewal of EU blue card after 3 years, i have to go to prefecture 90 days before and submit renewal application along with new employer job contract and other personal details. New employer have nothing to do for my Blue card renewal and i have a choice to do it without disturbing employer any pay the visa fee myself.

Basically employer is ready to give me job but nothing more. I don't want to lose this chance as its very good job offer.

Below link doesn't say anything about this

"For the first 2 years, EU Blue Card holders are restricted to highly-qualified jobs that meet the criteria for admission. After that they may apply on equal terms with a country’s nationals for other highly-qualified employment, depending on the EU country concerned. "
EUR-Lex - l14573 - EN - EUR-Lex

"If your contract is for an indefinite period, a four-year residence permit will be issued. You will be able to renew it while your employment contract remains valid."
EU Immigration Portal - France - Highly-skilled - European Commission

I talked to a visa agent working in france and she said nothing is required while you change job after 2 years within france(in my case its same city within france also) and you just need to submit new job offer and she is not aware of any new work permit requirement from new employer for BLUE CARD job change.
My problem is i cannot see the exact procedure in any official links. My worry is now i change job and later when i go to renew they say i have done something wrong.... :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
My speculation is that your analysis is correct, however nothing here moves by what we "think" is logic...
go pay your prefecture a visit, explain your situation and see at the time of renewal, would they need the ob contract to match the original working permit or that they just need a job contract (which I think is the only thing they would need).... so unless someone had the very same experience you are in, and is using the same prefecture... nothing can be guaranteed.

·
Administrator
49,419 Posts
Agree with Mohsel - I think you're going to need to inquire at the prefecture on this one. If you try to look up "carte bleue" on the Service Public site, it gives you lots of information about the "passeport talent" so I'm not sure how much the blue card visa is used here in France. (Well, part of that may be due to the notion that, in France, "carte bleue" normally refers to the national credit/debit card.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello Bev,

the confusion between the blue card visa and passport talent is even in the administration itself, I think both are more or less treated the same way.
A friend of mine with blue card titre de sejour had a renewal earlier this year, the new one has both carte bleu europenne and passport talent on the TDS.
I will see when renewing mine in few months.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello Bev,

the confusion between the blue card visa and passport talent is even in the administration itself, I think both are more or less treated the same way.
A friend of mine with blue card titre de sejour had a renewal earlier this year, the new one has both carte bleu europenne and passport talent on the TDS.
I will see when renewing mine in few months.
I looked it up too and kind of got the idea that they are pretty much the same thing now, or at least if you get the EU Blue Card, France automatically also gives you the passeport talent. Could be wrong - it's certainly very confusing. There are changes currently happening with regard to people who are specially qualified (more so with the new government) and I think they have yet to bed them down, which, as we all know, could take a whlle.

Definitely agree that the best thing is for the OP to ask at his Prefecture, given they will ultimately be responsible for processing the renewal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi, I guess discussion topic has changed :)
I had discussed with a visa agent in france earlier and was told old carte bleu europenne when i renew will be changed to passport talent and 4 years validity automatically.

And for my queries i was told by EU blue card support team that all my assumption above is same as what they understand. I can change job and i need to just make sure salary conditions are met as there is no change in member state. But they don't have information whether its same in FRANCE!!!

My new employer is asking me the official french link which talk about this. Even if i go to prefecture i don't think i will give me any document reference to provide.... Its kind of tough time for my employer contact person as that person want to prove there is no risk to his HR and team to push for my opening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bev, but there is no procedure given in those links as well which explains what to do to change job in same member state after first 2 years. So i guess there is nothing to do other than meeting the salary requirement which is basic requirement for blue card. May be that's why we cannot find anything!

Below are the only relevant document and sections i found and shared to new employer. Will wait for their reply :(

Below is the official European union Journal link for Blue card.
• The application may be made by the individual and/or their employer, depending on the EU country.
• For the first 2 years, EU Blue Card holders are restricted to highly-qualified jobs that meet the criteria for admission. After that they may apply on equal terms with a country’s nationals for other highly-qualified employment, depending on the EU country concerned.

EUR-Lex - l14573 - EN - EUR-Lex

Below is the country specific official European union link for Blue card in FRANCE

“If your contract is for an indefinite period, a four-year residence permit will be issued. You will be able to renew it while your employment contract remains valid.
The multiyear residence permit will be renewed as long as you continue to meet the conditions for the “passport talent” residence permit with the mention “EU Blue Card”. You will need to apply to the prefecture of your place of residence to renew your residence permit two months before it expires.”

EU Immigration Portal - France - Highly-skilled - European Commission

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found today that i have with me
"Demande d'autorisation de travail pour conclure un contrat de travail avec un salarié étranger" from previous employer which was used for EU blue card.
https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/R18894

Is it required again from new employer and if so what's the procedure to do it or how long it will take. And where should we submit it after! Any idea....

Additionally i saw below detail. T
"After these first two years, where the Member State concerned does not make use of the possibility provided for in paragraph 1 regarding equal treatment, the person concerned shall, in accordance with national procedures, communicate changes that affect the conditions of Article 5 to the competent authorities of the Member State of residence.
EUR-Lex - 32009L0050 - EN - EUR-Lex

So i guess we have to inform the change of job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts