Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I am an Indian National currently working in Bangalore, India. My firm has a branch in Paris and I have been offered a position there. But unfortunately it looks like they are a bit hesitant to go through the entire process of applying for a Work permit etc SO i wanted to know if you recommend any agents who could help me with the process for a nominal fee.

Please do let me know if any of you has already got applied and received the work permit through an agent.

Thanks in advance,
Arun

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
If your employer is offering you a position in their French office, then they are the ones who will have to do the preliminaries for you to get a work permit. The key thing is obtaining work authorization to hire a foreigner from outside the EU - although if they are an international company, they should be able to get work authorization for you as a transfer to the Paris office.

You may want to suggest that the Paris branch contact the OFII office to see what they can or should do: OFII - Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot of the reply. Well the HR is based out of the UK and they are a bit clueless about the procedure. This is why I am looking for a local consultant/agent who can help.

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
They must have a local payroll. You could show them this: https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F22782 and/or this: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F2728

Just be aware that many smaller employers (particularly those based in the UK) may believe that they can simply pay staff in France on their UK payroll. The main "problem" for UK employers is that the cotisations (social insurances) are considerably more expensive for the employer in France. But if you're paying UK social insurances, you aren't entitled to French health insurance and other social insurances - plus you have the tax issue.

The first step for your employer is to obtain work authorization for you so that you can get a work visa. I'm not aware of any "agents" or "consultants" that can do this for you or for your employer.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. According to this post by Iamdashy in "EU Blue Card Experience For France"

He had mentioned he went through an agent who charged EUR1500 So I wanted to get the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts