Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a variety of information about EU Blue Card. But, I'm still confused about the procedure.

Some say I need an approval from OFII for Blue Card. The company offered me a job acquired an approval from OFII, and it took around 4-5 weeks.

After that, the company sent me the all necessary documents to apply for Blue Card.
When I went to the Embassy of France, the visa officer said, actually I didn't need an approval from OFII. Approval from OFII is required only when I apply for a regular working visa.

Below is the list of required documents when you apply for EU Blue Card.
https://jp.ambafrance.org/IMG/pdf/liste_docs_cbe.pdf?21768/848fe08005a78908a7cbb5189ff0b0e6d3871bb4

OFII approval is not mentioned in the list.

But, if you see the list of required documents for a regular visa on the below link, you can see OFII form.
https://jp.ambafrance.org/IMG/pdf/travailleur_salarie_-_cadre_general.pdf?22108/2bb7ec9474d9443bbd40b260b60a2daf5ae1f157

So, I have a question for who works under EU Blue Card. Did you really need OFII approval when you apply for EU Blue Card?

·
Registered
358 Posts
well yes, your company needs to get you a work permit and based on that get the OFII approval.
In my case (not sure if it is the standard or country related) OFII sends this directly to the consulate who called me to setup the appointment.
And you are not applying for blue card at the consulate, you apply for a long stay visa which enables you to come to France and work and apply for the titre de sejour (stay permit) which will account for your blue card status as a reason for being able to live and work in France.

For your case, if the embassy are willing to grant you the visa without the OFII approval, (a long stay visa with the permission to work) then go for it but you will need the OFII approval here probably for the titre de sejour procedure (which is another story).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts