Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a prepaid SIM a couple of days ago and put it an new Nokia 100AED handset. What could go wrong?
Made a call from the phone and it worked so thought nothing of it.
Now, expecting to receive a call, nothing happend. I texted to the number. Again nothing received. Very strange!
Looks like I can make calls but I can't receive calls.
Does anyone know what is going on with this SIM?
Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought a prepaid SIM a couple of days ago and put it an new Nokia 100AED handset. What could go wrong?
Made a call from the phone and it worked so thought nothing of it.
Now, expecting to receive a call, nothing happend. I texted to the number. Again nothing received. Very strange!
Looks like I can make calls but I can't receive calls.
Does anyone know what is going on with this SIM?
Cheers
Do you have credit ?!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have credit ?!
Yes I did. I spoke to their helpdesk via 101 and followed their steps to solve the problem but still no joy. So decided enough was enough with Etisalat.

I went and got a du sim and made sure all was in order (i.e. in/out calls working) before I left the customer center.

Lesson learned. Do not buy paygo sim from super markets. Buy direct from mobile operator.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Do you have credit ?!
Credit is not required for incoming call ,mate ;)

On another note ,heard lots of grievances about Du ....... wonder what's the feedback about it nowadays . Its landline is problematic for sure !!

·
Registered
56 Posts
got a prepaid sim with Du this week. Data did not work with my HTC Desire. Decided I wouldn't gamble talking to their helpdesk via the phone so went in to see them. Half an hour and a very smug manager later, everything was fixed. Happy days were it not that I won't use any data until I have got a contract once the visum comes through.

All and all no problems with Du (so far.Fingers crossed, touch wood and all that)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.