Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 84 of 84 Posts
G

·
Hey i am not trying to do any bashing here merely giving my opinion...i think you misunderstood what i said.

QUOTE=pamela0810;761337]Quite honestly, IF your wife is a stay at home mom, then this really is her job. So stating the obvious shouldn't be cause of a headache.[/QUOTE]

Cooking /cleaning/washing etc,etc..is not necessarily a job of a stay at home mom.Because if you are a stay at home mom then Taking care of a child is a full time responsibility so if you are doing all of the above cooking/cleaning/washing etc,etc... then you are actually not taking care of the child and leaving the child unattended.

QUOTE=pamela0810;761337]Took out all the jargon in between but what you're basically saying is that taking care of your child is a full time responsibility and it is your maid who is actually doing the job of being that child's mom while you're unavailable?[/QUOTE]

If people do decide and can afford to hire both maid and a nanny or just one to help them so that they can have time for themselves why not?I personally do know a lot of mothers who have maids and nanny and play an active part in the childs life while also having their own things to do ,it does not make the nanny the childs mom or take anything away from a mom.

QUOTE=pamela0810;761337]Don't mean to single you out (beause I'm quite sure that you are one of those stay at home Dubai moms)[/QUOTE]

I am not a stay at home mom :) and also dont work 9 to 5... :)and am happy to have both a maid and a nanny to help me out so besides having a home life i can go about having and doing my own things too .they are paid good and treated well and i know that my children are safe with them. sometimes it does take a village to raise a child.

QUOTE=pamela0810;761337]As usual, it boils down to the expats moving to Dubai and getting so blinded by the money and flashy lifestyle thrown at them, that they find ways to justify pretty much everything that their conscience wouldn't otherwise allow.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand this kind of bashing its not wrong to have a wealthy lifestyle is it? some people are quite about it some people flash it and i am sure most of them dont have things thrown at them but earn their lifestyle. Because you see someone having and flashing a better lifestyle it does not take anything away from you or anyone else .

of course its a different topic all together if someone living this lifestyle crosses a lot of moral lines treating the help badly and then justifying pretty much everything that their conscience wouldn't otherwise then i am in agreement with you .

we could go back and forth (as you do seem to have a strong opinion about other people lifestyles and how they raise their children )
so how about we put it down to difference in opinion and to each their own way of living and raising their children how they seem fit .

so Back to the original post pay the maid/nanny a good salary and treat them well for taking care of your children and making your life a little easier.

·
Banned
423 Posts
I dont understand this kind of bashing its not wrong to have a wealthy lifestyle is it? some people are quite about it some people flash it and i am sure most of them dont have things thrown at them but earn their lifestyle. Because you see someone having and flashing a better lifestyle it does not take anything away from you or anyone else .
I think there's a lot of jealousy around... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i know this is an old(ish) thread, but read through it and i think it would take a hell of a lot of getting used to, having a maid.

my dad moved to the philippines before he died and had one. someone i know has set up a life there with his filipina girlfriend and their two kids. he has hired someone from his girlfriend's villiage as a live in maid and gives her a good life. i have met her and her kids and being a mother myself, my heart breaks for her not being able to raise her own kids (they are originally from cebu and now live in angeles). but i understand that her wage keeps food in their mouths and a roof (albeit a shanty) over their head.

i couldn't pay 600 a month. morally, i think it's wrong. if minimum wage is 600, i wouldn't pay less than 1500/2000. if i couldn't afford that, i wouldn't have a maid. i don't have one in the uk and i get on fine. well...i think my other half would say the house is a mess and i could do better!! lol

they are giving up so much to get the best they can for their family, which anyone (any decent parent) would also do. to take advantage of their desperation is disgusting.

as others have said, they would be looking after your kids. do you really want someone who hates their job to be responsible for your kids' safety?? would they care enough to ensure they weren't climbing out windows/running out onto the road etc??

i watched the saudi slave video. awful :(

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.