Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Why are the photos of rental properties on dubizzle etc. so awful? Agents advertise eye wateringly dear villa's, charge huge commission and show you a crap picture of a wardrobe and an out of focus loo? Am I missing something❔

Thanks for any input. AJ

Reactions: VWCefiro

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hahahah

My thoughts exactly
And there are no labels, so you don't know if you're viewing the master bedroom, the master ensuite or maids room.

They must use their cheap phone camera's. Lighting is crap.

Descriptions are not much help either.

I'm no real estate agent, but i think I'd do a much better job, just sayin'

·
Registered
228 Posts
well there are a few companies providing good pictures like better homes but you are right that most estate agents suck at promoting their offer. To be honest I think most villas/apartments sell/rent anyway....

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I remember when this UK blog was doing the rounds - Terrible real estate agent photographs - I said Dubizzle will sh!t over any of that in 4 randomly selected entries.

As for why? I'm guessing it's why a lot don't clean up or decorate unless it's an exclusive property either. With multiple agents representing the same property they're worried that if they take good photos another will just use them to make the sale.

That said the bulk of agents are lazy and/or rubbish at the other aspects of their job, so why should this be any different?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Every single villa in Umm Suqeim and Jumeira has an unobstructed view of Burj Al Arab from their back garden if you believe Dubizzle.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
They are just lazy like that. Many of them steal other agents' pictures or just can't be bothered because they know people interested will go and have a look anyway (as in, let themselves into the property!). Is just too much effort to do things properly.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
well there are a few companies providing good pictures like better homes
WHo charge you more for the same property, or are unprofessional like most agents.

Anyways, there are enough rants about agents on the forum so nothing more to add. Though you are lucky if you actually get an out of focus/low resolution picture of the actual property being advertised. Most pictures otherwise are just stock photos.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Oh, c'mon, you can't expect the agent to take some proper pictures of every apartment he's responsible. They're too busy doing .... something... right?

Last time I took photos during a viewing, while the agent was actually there, he asked me to email those pics so he can use it for the ad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having recently just gone through the rental process we found that the blurry photos made some places look better than they actually were!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts