Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to move over to Dubai to become an estate agent. I am looking for estate agents who have moved over from the UK for an insight in to what life is like as an estate agent in Dubai. The job would be a base pay for the first 3 months then solely commission based thereafter.

Thanks in advance.

Edward

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hate the estate agent market over here.
You only have to look at the classified ads to see that the majority can't even be bothered to take photos of the property and post dozens of low-res images of dubai.
There are also thousands of them.
I'd do your research carefully and choose a more reputable firm, try and retain your mindset from the UK and you should do well.

Note: I'm not an Estate Agent but I've had many bad experiences with them, although I think many had no prior experience before coming to UAE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i was having a look at the listings, they could certainly be much improved - Maybe the agents don't have much time or the properties go so quickly it would be pointless but still I think proper listings would certainly be more attractive.

·
Registered
845 Posts
there is quite a lot of info here regarding estate agents. from both sides. do some searches on the forum and you will find plenty of threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts