Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please help - we have been waiting 8 weeks for a decision after a premium FLRM appointment. They said we could escalate the case after 8 weeks, so we called the call centre and they took details and said it would go to the caseworker. 40 mins later we received this email:

"Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.
We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time."

is this normal? It just seems as if they are repeating the same message they could have told us all along? Did they really have time to escalate it in 40 mins??

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It can take several months to get a decision after delayed premium service centre application. There is no published standard for so called complex cases.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joppa - but when they talk about 'escalation' - does that mean anything actually gets passed to your caseworker, or is it just an automated reply?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Escalation doesn't mean a thing! Just a reply to fool applicants in thinking that they actually have done something about it when in reality they haven't done anything.

Reactions: carla32

·
Registered
525 Posts
Could anyone please help - we have been waiting 8 weeks for a decision after a premium FLRM appointment. They said we could escalate the case after 8 weeks, so we called the call centre and they took details and said it would go to the caseworker. 40 mins later we received this email:

"Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.
We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time."

is this normal? It just seems as if they are repeating the same message they could have told us all along? Did they really have time to escalate it in 40 mins??
Just read your posts. I was thinking the premium one day service meant exactly that. Really sorry for the delay and stress this must be causing. I might have to think if premium worth while. Thank you for sharing the timeline.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't worry - I think it only happens to a small percentage of people, for most it is a same day service. I was also unaware that it was a possibility to have a third outcome on the day, I thought it was just yes or no.
I think it is worth sharing our experience so that if it happens to somebody else, you can ask for more information before they usher you quickly to the door with a promise that you will hear something in a few days!
All our paperwork was in order, and they even said they were happy with the paperwork, so we have no idea what was wrong. We also did not have an interview, so did not get a chance to really speak to anybody.
I wish that we had done the normal postal service, with the online form, because it is more detailed, and plus they would not have an extra £500!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.