Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I posted before, the day I received my Visa. Basically they made an error in my "Valid Until" date. My Tier 5 youth Mobility Visa has been issued for 21 months when it should be for 24 months. I have been trying and trying to contact Immigration to get this fixed, but I haven't been able to talk to a human about this issue. I'm scheduled to leave mid-august and would like to get this fixed beforehand.

Here are the actions I have taken:

- Wrote to the complaints dept as advised by Joppa - no reply (automated reply saying that it will take 20 business days to reply)

- Wrote to the NewYork Embassy (where my Visa was created) - no reply (automated reply basically saying that I could only email them if I was contacted first)

- Wrote to the general inquiry email form - got two replies asking for more information in order to escalate my issue, these emails were sent from a DONOTREPLY email address, so I can't reply. I can only go back to the general email form, when I do send the info required from the general email form, I get the exact same reply from the donotreply email address (rince and repeat)

Am I missing something? Anybody else had the same kind of issue? Is there any official email for when you have a legit error in your Visa after it is printed?

Also, to appease my anxiousness, does anybody know if this is something I can get fixed after I have arrived in the UK?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have done right so far. They can be slow in replying but you should get there eventually. You still have two months. Or you can enter UK and then take it up with Croydon over visa endorsement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply! I was scared that I didn't have any options when I entered the UK. Thankfully I have received an email today stating that I had to send my Passport/Visa back to the New York Embassy (where it was printed) to have it corrected. Hopefully they'll send it back to me in time for my departure.

Thanks again for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.