Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have begun collecting my payslips and bank statements etc to support my husband's spouse visa application. An error was made on my last payslip when I was paid the incorrect amount of holiday pay. I have brought this to the attention of my employer's salaries and wages dept via email and they replied saying it will be rectified on my next payslip. However, this error has caused my payslip to be £7 under the required minimum monthly figure. Will this cause a problem when my husband makes his application? Or can I show that an error was made?

Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
533 Posts
MrsMacE said:
I have begun collecting my payslips and bank statements etc to support my husband's spouse visa application. An error was made on my last payslip when I was paid the incorrect amount of holiday pay. I have brought this to the attention of my employer's salaries and wages dept via email and they replied saying it will be rectified on my next payslip. However, this error has caused my payslip to be £7 under the required minimum monthly figure. Will this cause a problem when my husband makes his application? Or can I show that an error was made? Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.
I would say if they can't fix it then I'd ask them to write a letter for UKBA to include with the application. I'd also include that email you sent and received for the error. I'd also include in my letter or somewhere stating the error. I'd make sure all my backgrounds were covered but this is me. Hopefully someone will come alone soon to give more advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply ddang. It would be a shame if the small discrepancy on this one payslip out of six was enough to put us back to square one!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
This is a crucial piece of element, as it directly affects the success of your application. If the error is corrected in the next pay slip, then that fact must be brought to the attention of Home Office by way of an explanatory note stapled to the pay slip in question. Don't just clip it or write it in your covering letter. It probably won't be seen. That explanatory note should ideally come from your wages dept, or you can write the note and get them to stamp and countersign it as correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.