Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I applied for my EOI on 9/9/13 and now have been invited to apply for my 189 visa.
But while going through my details that I submitted for EOI application I found that I have put in a wrong date. I did my diploma leading to bachelors in Australia and have submitted my application on basis of my bachelors degree. For my diploma completion date, I entered 2011 instead of 2009.
I am not sure if this error can be a problem or not. Or if there is any way of rectifying it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just send them an email and explain this.
It shouldn't be an issue though. Obviously they do make the decision based on the supplied documents and not on what you tell them.

Reactions: pjai

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the information.
Now should I apply for my visa and wait for a case officer to be assigned and then send this form. Or is there any way I can contact immigration to rectify this error before I lodge my visa.
I am a bit confused in order to proceed with my visa application at this moment and I don't want any issues in the future.

·
Registered
965 Posts
you can correct this while making online application itself. u dont have to wait till something has to happen. Since it doesnt make any difference in points, its fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just spoke to immigration and they said that I can just update that information on my visa application and that should be fine. Thank you everyone for your kind help.. Will file my visa today itself...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just spoke to immigration and they said that I can just update that information on my visa application and that should be fine. Thank you everyone for your kind help.. Will file my visa today itself...

Hi, I am applying for Sub class 190 , I have made an error in my EOI form. Could you please tell me what number did you contact. I also need to call them and clarify my issue, please help

Thanks
Nirmal Saria

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
131 881 its immigration's number available on website... if you still haven't received the invitation then you can just login to your skill select and change it.. You don't need to contact anyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts