Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've been offered a position I want to take but its Bupa health package won't cover my epilepsy medication I need to take every 12 hours. Bupa have told me that companies can opt for a 'disregard' policy which would entitle their employees with pre-existing conditions to their medications. Does any one have any experience with this or with paying an employer to 'upgrade' their health cover??

Alternatively- any advice on the legality of having family post me meds. Customs problem??

Lastly- any idea of where to get prices of meds to buy them privately.

The drugs I take are: Epilim Chrono 500mg and Keppra 1000mg and 500mg.

Thanks A LOT for any help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there,

I understand how important it is to take your epilepsy medications but unfortunatley I don't know much knowledge about where and how to buy these medicines in Dubai.. I hope someone else would help you with that..

But from what I know, family need private prescription from your doctor or medical profession to purchase the medicines for you from UK pharmacies, then they're able to send it to you..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check with the hospitals or a Pharmacist, Marina Pharmacy is nice. You need to see if they have alternatives or dispensing rights before sending via Post. Can you get 6 months supply from ins. Co in UK to last you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.