Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I received my Skill Assessment today which states the following -

Your Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) from XXX completed May 2004 has be assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor degree with a major in computing

The following employment after July 2006 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the ANZSCO code.

Dates - 07/04-02/08 (3 yrs 7 mths)
Position - Assistant Systems Engineer

Dates - 02/08-08/13 (5 yrs 6 mths)
Position - Consultant

I wanted to check if I need to break this down as three different entries in my EOI application -

Dates - 07/04-06/06 (2 yrs)
Not related to Nominated skill

Dates - 07/06-02/08 (1 yrs 7 mths)
Closely related to nominated skill

Dates - 02/08-08/13 (5 yrs 6 mths)
Position - Consultant
Closely related to nominated skill

or do I need to add this only as two different entries both closely related to nominated skill and let DIAC decide on the points or if any deductions are necessary?

Regards

·
Registered
427 Posts
You should break it up as 3 entries the way you've shown. My agent did the same for me. In my case, 1 month had to be shown as not relevant to the nominated skill and the remaining 5 years and 1 month was shown as being relevant to nominated skill.

Reactions: thinkpanther

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should break it up as 3 entries the way you've shown. My agent did the same for me. In my case, 1 month had to be shown as not relevant to the nominated skill and the remaining 5 years and 1 month was shown as being relevant to nominated skill.
Hey Rahulreshu,

Thanks for your response. I am a little confused. Didnt they deduct a full 2 years in your case as well? Why only 1 month?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey Rahulreshu,

Thanks for your response. I am a little confused. Didnt they deduct a full 2 years in your case as well? Why only 1 month?
Oh that's because I already had 1 yr, 11 months from an earlier job that was entirely rendered unskilled :)

So, it was...

Job 1: 1 yr, 11 months (not relevant)
Job 2: 1 month (not relevant)
Job 2: 5 years, 1 month (relevant)
Job 3: 4 months (relevant)

Reactions: thinkpanther

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys

I have similar query / doubt.

1) Please confirm do we need to submit last 10 years experience.
Or all the experience submitted to ACS.

2) And for the experience deducted by ACS , we need to mention it as the not relevant to nomination during EOI.

3) And when the partial employment is considered relevant then we need to create 2 entries.

Please confirm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts