Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Need some help please!
I submitted my EOI with 60 points for 189 visa based on 254421 Registered Nurse (Medical Practice).

i submitted EOi on 11th of July and still haven't heard anything.
any ideas when i'll be getting invitation. Bit worried because i scored 60.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hi there

Need some help please!
I submitted my EOI with 60 points for 189 visa based on 254421 Registered Nurse (Medical Practice).

Thanks
Last two rounds were only considered with points 70 and above. Don't know about the today's round.

If you did not received invitation by now then mostly this round also for 70 pointers(this can be confirmed once DIBP publish the round results.)

If not Aug then mostly in Sep, I guess.

Reactions: Pinder1

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi there

Need some help please!

Thanks
I think Not before October end ... they are clearing backlog of 75-70 pointers.

Dnt want to scare you but check out ISCAH Estimates....
Iscah's 189 EOI estimates for an invitation - Iscah

I would like to recommend you to increase your points by English test.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think Not before October end ... they are clearing backlog of 75-70 pointers.

Dnt want to scare you but check out ISCAH Estimates....
Iscah's 189 EOI estimates for an invitation - Iscah

I would like to recommend you to increase your points by English test.
For 254421 Registered Nurse huge number of invitations are available, I think it is above 16000 and only few got in last two rounds. I assume chances are very high if wait for a month or two.

·
Registered
770 Posts
For 254421 Registered Nurse huge number of invitations are available, I think it is above 16000 and only few got in last two rounds. I assume chances are very high if wait for a month or two.
I know ceiling is really high.. but dnt forget the limitation of 1000 invites per round.. Days are dark till they increase invitation quota per round...
Moreover, their is a huge backlog + new applications per round. Most of new applicants are having average score of 65-70. So, it a hard time of 60 pointers(even me) to grab a invitation even in NON PRO-RATA occupation.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know ceiling is really high.. but dnt forget the limitation of 1000 invites per round.. Days are dark till they increase invitation quota per round...
Moreover, their is a huge backlog + new applications per round. Most of new applicants are having average score of 65-70. So, it a hard time of 60 pointers(even me) to grab a invitation even in NON PRO-RATA occupation.
DIBP will start giving invite as earlier; if we are worried about the delay then post invite also nothing is certain as many are waiting for long and grants are very less for 3 or 4 months.

However, trying to get more points through English exam is not a bad idea but it seems difficult for many including me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
m in australia with family on different visa and never had to do any English test in my life before because did my schooling here but when it comes to applying for pR i had to do pte and only aimed to get 6 each because i was already getting 60 point with work experience so i did some research about applying PR though 189 and thought it might be easy but now not getting invitation even its only 1 month since i submit EOI, m getting bit stressed.
visa expired in april 2018.

·
Registered
770 Posts
m in australia with family on different visa and never had to do any English test in my life before because did my schooling here but when it comes to applying for pR i had to do pte and only aimed to get 6 each because i was already getting 60 point with work experience so i did some research about applying PR though 189 and thought it might be easy but now not getting invitation even its only 1 month since i submit EOI, m getting bit stressed.
visa expired in april 2018.
As have done ur schooling from native country, it is very easy for you to score 65+ score in PTE, which will directly increase ur DIBP score by 10. try hard for one month. You won't regret spending money on PTE,

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
m in australia with family on different visa and never had to do any english test in my life before because did my schooling here but when it comes to applying for pr i had to do pte and only aimed to get 6 each because i was already getting 60 point with work experience so i did some research about applying pr though 189 and thought it might be easy but now not getting invitation even its only 1 month since i submit eoi, m getting bit stressed.
Visa expired in april 2018.
all the best

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hi there

Need some help please!

Thanks

Hi,
I have even applied on 60 points for Registered Nurse ( Nec) on 14th July and haven't heard anything by now. These 70 and 70+ points from pro rata are taking all the invitations and DIBP is limited to 1000 invitations per round. I think it's our bad luck as we lodged in July as one of my best friend applied on 14th jun( 1 month prior to us) and invited in first round 21st June. We are too unlucky as well as being pissed off between 70 and 70+ pointers of pro rata applicants.

Actually I would like to ask you one thing. After submitting EOi, I didn't receive any confirmation or notification email in my nomination email address however i had received while creating skill select account. Had you received confirmation email after submitting EOI.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi,
I have even applied on 60 points for Registered Nurse ( Nec) on 14th July and haven't heard anything by now. These 70 and 70+ points from pro rata are taking all the invitations and DIBP is limited to 1000 invitations per round. I think it's our bad luck as we lodged in July as one of my best friend applied on 14th jun( 1 month prior to us) and invited in first round 21st June. We are too unlucky as well as being pissed off between 70 and 70+ pointers of pro rata applicants.

Actually I would like to ask you one thing. After submitting EOi, I didn't receive any confirmation or notification email in my nomination email address however i had received while creating skill select account. Had you received confirmation email after submitting EOI.

Thanks

No Confirmation mail sent after submitting EOI. Once u receive an invitation, u will receive a mail from skill select.

·
Registered
598 Posts
No Confirmation mail sent after submitting EOI. Once u receive an invitation, u will receive a mail from skill select.

I have heard some people had got confirmation email after submitting EOI from skills select. I don't know what can be the reason behind not getting for us?? I think if they can get then why didn't we get. I am just worried whether that affects anything to our applications or not.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have heard some people had got confirmation email after submitting EOI from skills select. I don't know what can be the reason behind not getting for us?? I think if they can get then why didn't we get. I am just worried whether that affects anything to our applications or not.

This is not a reason to worry. U can check in skillselect whether u EOI is submitted or pending. Once submitted it will show "SUBMITTED" on right hand corner. I think u shld be worried about Invite instead of this silly reason of not receiving a mail.

·
Registered
598 Posts
This is not a reason to worry. U can check in skillselect whether u EOI is submitted or pending. Once submitted it will show "SUBMITTED" on right hand corner. I think u shld be worried about Invite instead of this silly reason of not receiving a mail.

I need a small advice from you bro.

After looking this invitations trend, I am much worried about my invitation for Registered Nurse on 60 points as I think I am not gonna get invited within 3,4 months. Should I apply for NSW State sponsorship, by gaining 5 points, on 65 points or just wait for it till I get invited??

Advice me bro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey yeah m on same boat as you !
nope didn't received any email after that. i been checking my email almost every single time.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I need a small advice from you bro.

After looking this invitations trend, I am much worried about my invitation for Registered Nurse on 60 points as I think I am not gonna get invited within 3,4 months. Should I apply for NSW State sponsorship, by gaining 5 points, on 65 points or just wait for it till I get invited??

Advice me bro

Hi,
I suggest to increase ur score and submit another eoi with different states to get an early invite. That's totally ur choice whether to wait or do some efforts for early invite. Don't forget every round thousands of applications are submitted which will overlap ur grant in future. Even immigration rules are very fragile these days, no body can predict what will happen next.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

Do you know how Immigration response to the change on English requirement of AHPRA? I had OET of B over 2 sittings which was accepted by AHPRA 2 years ago. I have been registered and working in Australia. Can I apply 189 with my OET results or I have to take the test again? I am sick of worried as I already submitted EOI with 65 points with Competent English level, thought that OET is only for occupation, if medical board accepted it, why not Immi. But now getting invited becomes more difficult, I am afraid to miss the chance if Immi doesn't accept my OET result.
Can someone advice ?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey guys,

Do you know how Immigration response to the change on English requirement of AHPRA? I had OET of B over 2 sittings which was accepted by AHPRA 2 years ago. I have been registered and working in Australia. Can I apply 189 with my OET results or I have to take the test again? I am sick of worried as I already submitted EOI with 65 points with Competent English level, thought that OET is only for occupation, if medical board accepted it, why not Immi. But now getting invited becomes more difficult, I am afraid to miss the chance if Immi doesn't accept my OET result.
Can someone advice ?
I think dibp accepts oet results as there is oet option in eoi application. But u have to check the validity of oet results whether these are still valid or expired. Dibp also accepts some other tests but research a bit before coming to any conclusion. If u r OET b level, then u shld give PTE a try atleast. May be there will be some chances to increase ur score and u will definitely receive an invite with 70 points without any waiting.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank for your reply,

But my OET result of B level I got from 2 sittings. AHPRA accepted results from 2 sittings since July 2015, that why I was granted registration. I took OET 2 years ago, so it is till valid.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thank for your reply,

But my OET result of B level I got from 2 sittings. AHPRA accepted results from 2 sittings since July 2015, that why I was granted registration. I took OET 2 years ago, so it is till valid.

Your result is valid for AHPRA. However, it's not valid to Immigration as they need from 1 sitting.

You need to take PTE or oET or IELTS once again and score equivalent marks and update you EOi with latest markings. Otherwise your visa will be rejected in future. Don't forget, 2 sittings are only allowed in AHPRA.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts