Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I am hoping someone might have some advise about whether I am able to do the following:

Background:
I have 60 points currently for 189 and I also applied for 190- NSW. I have applied under my occupation Internal Auditor. As my profession is on the pro rata list and with them only selecting individuals with 70+ for 189, it appears very unlikely that I would get into Australia within the near future as it stands. I have done the IELTs 4 times and I have been unable to get 8's for each criteria to obtain another 10 points.

Question:
As I am 28 I was wondering whether I am able to go over on a 417 visa (Working holiday visa) whilst I have EOIs for 189/190 submitted? I cannot find anything online that says it's not allowed and my logic is if I am invited I will be in Australia anyway.

Logic:
Under the 417 I would be able to work in Australia for max 2 years (including 3 months farm work), allowing me to gain atleast a year's experience in Australia which would give me an additional 5 points if I have not been awarded an invitation by then, wheras in the UK I would need to work another year and a half to gain 5 more points.

If anyone has any information whether I am able/ not able to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I am hoping someone might have some advise about whether I am able to do the following:

Background:
I have 60 points currently for 189 and I also applied for 190- NSW. I have applied under my occupation Internal Auditor. As my profession is on the pro rata list and with them only selecting individuals with 70+ for 189, it appears very unlikely that I would get into Australia within the near future as it stands. I have done the IELTs 4 times and I have been unable to get 8's for each criteria to obtain another 10 points.

Question:
As I am 28 I was wondering whether I am able to go over on a 417 visa (Working holiday visa) whilst I have EOIs for 189/190 submitted? I cannot find anything online that says it's not allowed and my logic is if I am invited I will be in Australia anyway.

Logic:
Under the 417 I would be able to work in Australia for max 2 years (including 3 months farm work), allowing me to gain atleast a year's experience in Australia which would give me an additional 5 points if I have not been awarded an invitation by then, wheras in the UK I would need to work another year and a half to gain 5 more points.

If anyone has any information whether I am able/ not able to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Are you sure Doing farm work will get you 5 points in your job as internal Auditor ?

Please recheck. I am sure that the experience should be in the same job for which you were qualified and will be submitting

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.