Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
301 - 320 of 23728 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Karan,

You applied under Software Tester? I sent my application for ACS assessment and its almost a a month now.
Yes i got a +ve assessment as a Software test, it took nearly 1month and 10 days when i applied in april. You are also looking for assessment as a tester?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes i got a +ve assessment as a Software test, it took nearly 1month and 10 days when i applied in april. You are also looking for assessment as a tester?
Yes,

I haave applied

Company 1 QA Lead/Tester - 3 years
Company 2 Computer system Analyst- 2 years.
Company 3 Test analyst - 3 years.

Hopefully it will come as 8 years positive. I will have 60 points without IELTS and SS.

I am taking ielts on aug 4. as you have given ielts, Can we write essay with pencil or pen as its paper based, I dont remember last time I wrote anything with pen except signature..lol how hard is it to score 7 in each module.

Do you know any other state other than VIC and SA who has software tester on their list.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes,

I haave applied

Company 1 QA Lead/Tester - 3 years
Company 2 Computer system Analyst- 2 years.
Company 3 Test analyst - 3 years.

Hopefully it will come as 8 years positive. I will have 60 points without IELTS and SS.

I am taking ielts on aug 4. as you have given ielts, Can we write essay with pencil or pen as its paper based, I dont remember last time I wrote anything with pen except signature..lol how hard is it to score 7 in each module.

Do you know any other state other than VIC and SA who has software tester on their list.
Even if you score 60 without IELTS you would require SS either from VIC or SA because Software Tester is in SOL2 and to get SS you would need to give IELTS and get 6.5 in each module for SA and 7 in each module for VIC.

You can use anything pen or pencil to write the essay, it is not very hard but yes it requires a lot of research to know what exactly they are looking for in your writing. Writing is considered the toughest by many as in this modules 50% of the people falter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a query. I had submitted my Victoria SS on 18th of June 2012 and filed my EOI on 4th of July 2012. Today I have filed my SA SS application. Since SA sponsorship requires that one needs to selsect only "SA" as preferred state for nomination in EOI application, Will Victoria state still consider my application for SS.

I have already informed Victoria State of my EOI id. Please help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a query. I had submitted my Victoria SS on 18th of June 2012 and filed my EOI on 4th of July 2012. Today I have filed my SA SS application. Since SA sponsorship requires that one needs to selsect only "SA" as preferred state for nomination in EOI application, Will Victoria state still consider my application for SS.

I have already informed Victoria State of my EOI id. Please help.
If you modify your EOI and select on SA, then how will you get SS from VIC.
You have to choose one at a time bro.

·
Registered
748 Posts
How do i know what number my application was?

I havent recieved any acknowledgement mail for the EOI
If you haven't received any confirmation mail.... then it might not be submitted in system.... you can go ahead a log another EOI.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Points for Bachelor Degree Overseas

Dear Experts,

I hold a Bachelors Degree from Nagarjuna University from India and got the same assessed positively from ACS and the letter says
"Your Bachelor Degree from Nagarjuna University has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing"

I am just wondering how many points I should claim for my educational qualification in SkillSelect - 15 Points or 10 Points ?

As DIAC states that -

"At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard - 15 Points"
"Diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia, or qualification or award of recognised standard - 10 points"

The confusion for me with regards to 15 points is, when they state atleast bachelor Degree, they also say "Including with Honours or Master" which I dont have.

Kindly suggest, But I applied for EOI anyways with 15 points, and I just dont want to do an mistake.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
godwin1980 said:
Dear Experts,

I hold a Bachelors Degree from Nagarjuna University from India and got the same assessed positively from ACS and the letter says
"Your Bachelor Degree from Nagarjuna University has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing"

I am just wondering how many points I should claim for my educational qualification in SkillSelect - 15 Points or 10 Points ?

As DIAC states that -

"At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard - 15 Points"
"Diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia, or qualification or award of recognised standard - 10 points"

The confusion for me with regards to 15 points is, when they state atleast bachelor Degree, they also say "Including with Honours or Master" which I dont have.

Kindly suggest, But I applied for EOI anyways with 15 points, and I just dont want to do an mistake.
Dont worry a bit, you have 15 points for this for sure.
Go ahead and claim it.
Best of luck

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dont worry a bit, you have 15 points for this for sure.
Go ahead and claim it.
Best of luck
I agree with Auslover.... it is bachelor degree.... you will get 15 points for this.... so don't worry.....:ranger:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Anyone heard back from SA officials for SS..... Any SS granted from SA after July 1..... Do update on this forum.....

I'm waiting for mine.....:ranger:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a BSc (Hons) & MSc (Hons) and can only claim 15 points, I think it is stating that the max points for degree and/or masters is 15 points, not that you need both. To claim 20 you need a PhD

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have a BSc (Hons) & MSc (Hons) and can only claim 15 points, I think it is stating that the max points for degree and/or masters is 15 points, not that you need both. To claim 20 you need a PhD
correct..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is Eoi invitaion will be depend on only point system ?

Hi guys …I read lot of treats for New EOI skill select system. I am so surprised that how we people underestimate Australian immigration system. All the people thinking that EOI invitation only based on high points system .So lot of people worrying about how we will get invitation with low points? According to me EOI invitation system will not be only based with high ranking point system but it can be totally consider in same occupation list with high ranking.
Think guys if Australian Gov. need only high score applications why they need to make big reforms in immigration system. They have lot of way to call to people with high points. They can mention we need applications only over 75 points with required occupation list. They can mention that point system in skill select assessment.
So there are reasons and fact that can prove EOI invitation not will be based on points.
Occupation ceiling list – This list indicate that every year Australian Gov. need particular number of application( people) in each occupation. Example we have two list
A .Retail Managers – 12000 (with 70 to 75 points ranking)
B. Chemical and Materials Engineers – 120 (60-65 points ranking)
So list a has more numbers it mean more EOI in that list and high ranking and Tell me friends when group B those have only 120 peoples for year when they will be get invitation ?
Answer- Every month they will invite by numbers by list.
12000/12 month = 1000 EOI invitation and another 120/12 = 10 invitation’s. So totally cleared the list is equal valuable for Australian Gov. That’s why they don’t cleared ranking.
Education- Mostly people get their bachelor or master degree age to 22 to 25 and if we think about PhD. not possible before 29th and they don’t have time to do the job .So master or bachelor degrees holders have more experience in job compared to PhD. SO more experience more point but education level totally different. How they ignored PhD degrees or high end education holder in Australia because some filed they need more high-level research scientist.
So finally we can see EOI system will be sot off software to find applications with different categories not like only high points get invitation.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi guys …I read lot of treats for New EOI skill select system. I am so surprised that how we people underestimate Austrian immigration system. All the people thinking that EOI invitation only based on high points system .So lot of people worrying about how we will get invitation with low points? According to me EOI invitation system will not be only based with high ranking point system but it can be totally consider in same occupation list with high ranking.
Think guys if Australian Gov. need only high score applications why they need to make big reforms in immigration system. They have lot of way to call to people with high points. They can mention we need applications only over 75 points with required occupation list. They can mention that point system in skill select assessment.
So there are reasons and fact that can prove EOI invitation not will be based on points.
Occupation ceiling list – This list indicate that every year Australian Gov. need particular number of application( people) in each occupation. Example we have two list
So list a has more numbers it mean more EOI in that list and high ranking and Tell me friends when group B those have only 120 peoples for year when they will be get invitation ?
12000/12 month = 1000 EOI invitation and another 120/12 = 10 invitation’s. So totally cleared the list is equal valuable for Australian Gov. That’s why they don’t cleared ranking.
Education- Mostly people get their bachelor or master degree age to 22 to 25 and if we think about PhD. not possible before 29th and they don’t have time to do the job .So master or bachelor degrees holders have more experience in job compared to PhD. SO more experience more point but education level totally different. How they ignored PhD degrees or high end education holder in Australia because some filed they need more high-level research scientist.
So finally we can see EOI system will be sot off software to find applications with different categories not like only high points get invitation.
Hi,

I am not quite sure about the logic behind dividing occupational ceiling and getting a fixed number per month. It wont happen like that to be honest with you. Ranking will occur only in case of independent class 189 and not with State sponsored 190.
For 189 visa subclass, for example, lets assume 200 Chemical and Material Engineers applied under EOI and lets say during the invite the ranking is placed at 1st rank: 75 points ; 2nd rank: 70 points and 3rd rank: 65 points. Now, out of 200 who applied, 90 Chemical Engineers are with 75points(lets say) they will get invite first, then as 120 is the occupational ceiling, the next 30 people with rank 70 are invited. So the quota is full right (90+30=120). Hence, no further invites will be sent for that program year. It can happen withing the 1st month itself. I hope you got my point.

P.S: Occupational Ceiling is applicable for both 189 and 190 visas.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi guys …I read lot of treats for New EOI skill select system. I am so surprised that how we people underestimate Australian immigration system. All the people thinking that EOI invitation only based on high points system .So lot of people worrying about how we will get invitation with low points? According to me EOI invitation system will not be only based with high ranking point system but it can be totally consider in same occupation list with high ranking.
Hi there !

I really enjoyed your post. I'm not too sure if have seen or not but a Ph. D graduate has been awarded highest point in the points test.

DIAC also says a billion times that they change, reform and update rules to meet Australia's requirement. I f I would use my own word to explain that, it means if Australia needs a thousand hair-dresser they will give them visa instead of a thousand Cambridge Ph.D graduate. No offence to any one.

It has always been this way, it would probably always be. Publishing the occupation ceiling is transparent in the sense that now I know why some of my mates got their residency in 3 weeks and some are still waiting.

I totally agree on the study vs work experience issues. Having been studied all my life without any significant break, I'll be able to finish a Master+Ph. D by the I'm 28 only. However, in many fields Australia offers a direct Ph.D (just after your bachelor). I was one of the those courses but as you already know, I didn't do it. Therefore, I don't have any work experience at all.

To make the long story short, I agree with you that the system, well, let me say, not so favorable to many of us (that includes me directly). But, lets not become so frustrated about it.

BTW, have you filed an EOI ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi,

I am not quite sure about the logic behind dividing occupational ceiling and getting a fixed number per month. It wont happen like that to be honest with you. Ranking will occur only in case of independent class 189 and not with State sponsored 190.
For 189 visa subclass, for example, lets assume 200 Chemical and Material Engineers applied under EOI and lets say during the invite the ranking is placed at 1st rank: 75 points ; 2nd rank: 70 points and 3rd rank: 65 points. Now, out of 200 who applied, 90 Chemical Engineers are with 75points(lets say) they will get invite first, then as 120 is the occupational ceiling, the next 30 people with rank 70 are invited. So the quota is full right (90+30=120). Hence, no further invites will be sent for that program year. It can happen withing the 1st month itself. I hope you got my point.

P.S: Occupational Ceiling is applicable for both 189 and 190 visas.
Hi there !

Do you mind sharing how many points have you claimed for 189 and 190 ?

Reactions: bhavnita

·
Registered
137 Posts
DIAC also says a billion times that they change, reform and update rules to meet Australia's requirement. I f I would use my own word to explain that, it means if Australia needs a thousand hair-dresser they will give them visa instead of a thousand Cambridge Ph.D graduate. No offence to any one.
It's bitterly true in what you're saying. But then again we need to look at the bigger picture of Australia economy. Out of the thousand hair-dressers, I would say at least 70% would have no problem finding jobs. On the the hand, I very much doubt if the 1000 PhD holders could do the same thing. There's not many research and development here in Australia, anyway.

If you look at the occupational ceilings: accountants, nurses, trades, always claim the highest number of places in the migration program. The number of places for engineers in general is very low. It's a disgrace to see only 120 places for materials and chemicals engineers for this program year. Together with mechanical, electrical, production engineers etc, these engineers are the backbone of a manufacturing and innovation economy (look at Singapore, Germany, Japan and USA). No wonder manufacturing is tumbling in Australia at the moment while mining and construction are going to bust soon.

301 - 320 of 23728 Posts