Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23728 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

As the EOI process has already started so i am starting this thread where people can share , Their EOi filing status and issues.

I Filed EOI today with 60 points

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Seniors,

Is it possible to file EOI for 189 now and later apply for 190? I need to rewrite IELTS as I got 6.5 in Writing to make 7 in each. Till the time I get it can I have my EOI active and once I make 7 in each.
Also if I get 189 positive but I still want to try for 190, will it be allowed to select 190?

Best regards

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dear Seniors,

Is it possible to file EOI for 189 now and later apply for 190? I need to rewrite IELTS as I got 6.5 in Writing to make 7 in each. Till the time I get it can I have my EOI active and once I make 7 in each.
Also if I get 189 positive but I still want to try for 190, will it be allowed to select 190?

Best regards
You can update you EOI any time.... Right now you can put 190 and 489... after that you can update to 189... when you get 7 each... same is the case with me.. but i have also applied for SS of SA....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could someone please tell me if I can file EOI after applying for 885 visa? I just want to check where do I stand when EOI results are released in August

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi

In the skill select it is being given as there are only 1800 positions for the occupational code 2611XX. So that means Australia is going to accept only up to 1800 applicants during the year 2012 - 2013 under all categories of visas like General Skilled, State sponsored , regional sponsored.

If that is the case most of the IT related applicants doesn't get picked for the current year migration?

Regards.........

·
Registered
748 Posts
Could someone please tell me if I can file EOI after applying for 885 visa? I just want to check where do I stand when EOI results are released in August
You need to check in EOI submission for.... I might have seen it there... now every visa type will be filed from EOI only...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi

In the skill select it is being given as there are only 1800 positions for the occupational code 2611XX. So that means Australia is going to accept only up to 1800 applicants during the year 2012 - 2013 under all categories of visas like General Skilled, State sponsored , regional sponsored.

If that is the case most of the IT related applicants doesn't get picked for the current year migration?

Regards.........
That's what called occupation ceiling my buddy... when it will reach... a person can't get a visa or SS after that... so need to do hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy......:eyebrows:

·
Registered
37 Posts
You need to check in EOI submission for.... I might have seen it there... now every visa type will be filed from EOI only...
885 visa is open till 31st dec 2012 to the people who are onshore. Therefore, I bypassed EOI and applied for 885 permanent residency visa. What I am asking is can i also apply for EOI

·
Registered
748 Posts
885 visa is open till 31st dec 2012 to the people who are onshore. Therefore, I bypassed EOI and applied for 885 permanent residency visa. What I am asking is can i also apply for EOI
Sorry misinterpreted your question.... you can go for either option.. Either EOI or on shore visa option till this year end... so you need to think with what your chances are more likely.... got for that.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is the Test report Form number, at the bottom right corner of your result sheet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Occupation Ceiling - Worth panicking?

Thanks for all your valuable information on EOI process, pitfalls and status. Educated myself on the status in an hours time.

I have an alternate view to the occupation ceiling. I am sure that the DIAC had these occupation ceilings internally even till July-2012. The only change that I see is that it is made public. Hence, so far we were not worrying since 'ignorance was bliss'.
Or am I missing something?

Should we really panic about these ceilings?

About myself: I am an electronic engineer and have just applied for Skill assessment. My occupation has a ceiling of 480. So I am trying to be optimistic...

Thanks,
Varun

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine is 22603th EOI.
Current Score 186 Eligible, 65 for 190 and 70 for 489

Would be applying for State sponsorship once I have good score in IELTS.
--------------------------------------------------
ACS +ve: 24-Feb-2012 | IELTS: 6 each |

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for all your valuable information on EOI process, pitfalls and status. Educated myself on the status in an hours time.

I have an alternate view to the occupation ceiling. I am sure that the DIAC had these occupation ceilings internally even till July-2012. The only change that I see is that it is made public. Hence, so far we were not worrying since 'ignorance was bliss'.
Or am I missing something?

Should we really panic about these ceilings?

About myself: I am an electronic engineer and have just applied for Skill assessment. My occupation has a ceiling of 480. So I am trying to be optimistic...

Thanks,
Varun

If i were u, i'd try some other code. since u said u just applied.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ohh Yeah Got it now. I have applied to this Visa Class:

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent)
N/A

The EOI for this subclass is able to be completed.

This doesn't fall under points System. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you need Skill Assessment from ACS and IELTS Score in hand before you submit EOI for Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent).Please advice.

My ACS is pending and I am taking IELTS on Aug 4 and will submit EOI for 190.

Can I submit EOI for ENS now and update my EOI to 190 once i receive my ACS and IELTS score.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone can help me out.
Ive filled out a EoI, but at the end of it all my points score only comes out at 40.
Im a 24yr old English Citizen, which should get me 45 point right off the bat.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone can help me out.
Ive filled out a EoI, but at the end of it all my points score only comes out at 40.
Im a 24yr old English Citizen, which should get me 45 point right off the bat.
Am I missing something?
hey can you gimmi the following details:

IELTS score

Highest education

work exp

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you need Skill Assessment from ACS and IELTS Score in hand before you submit EOI for Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent).Please advice.

My ACS is pending and I am taking IELTS on Aug 4 and will submit EOI for 190.

Can I submit EOI for ENS now and update my EOI to 190 once i receive my ACS and IELTS score.
You need ACS and IELTS to submit EOI for any type of Visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey can you gimmi the following details:

IELTS score

Highest education

work exp
I dont have and IELTS score as I am an English citizen

Bachelor of Science

July 2011 - April 2012 Stress Engineer at Bertrandt GmbH, Germany
April 2012 - Current Stress Engineer at Altair Engineering, UK

·
Registered
59 Posts
You get 25 points for your age, 0 for English, 15 for degree , have you had an assessment on your profession?, if you need extra points you will have to take the IELTS, my husband has to do it to get extra points and were English.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok, sorry everyone, ive figure out why it wasn't calculating properly. Due the constant service interruptions, it was skipping pages.
Thank you for the help

1 - 20 of 23728 Posts