19181 - 19198 of 19198 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
About the share of ceilings

Occupation ceilings have been released for 2020/21:

Accountants 1,000
Auditors 1,619

For accountants and auditors the ceilings include visas issued in other skilled visa categories (e.g. company and state/territory visas) so the invites for 189 visas will be much lower that this. Iscah did some research in 2018 which estimated that 50% of the ceiling went to these other visas and 24% of the remaining 189 invites were wasted (invites issued but no application submitted). If this trend continues then when accountants and auditors start getting invited again it looks like only people with 100+ points and a few with older EOIs at 95 points will be invited.
No. The ceilings for accountants and auditors are not shared with other visa categories, though Occupation Ceilings official page says it's shared.

Last year, there're 654 accountants invited under 189. On the Occupation Ceilings official page, it's 654 as well. i.e., The numbers of accountant invited under other kind of visas are not counted. Actually, if you check some immi state website, like https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants, they clearly state,

No occupation ceilings

Tasmanian state nominations have no occupation ceilings. Once you are nominated in SkillSelect you can immediately apply for a visa.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
No. The ceilings for accountants and auditors are not shared with other visa categories, though Occupation Ceilings official page says it's shared.

Last year, there're 654 accountants invited under 189. On the Occupation Ceilings official page, it's 654 as well. i.e., The numbers of accountant invited under other kind of visas are not counted. Actually, if you check some immi state website, like https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants, they clearly state,

No occupation ceilings

Tasmanian state nominations have no occupation ceilings. Once you are nominated in SkillSelect you can immediately apply for a visa.
This ceiling is only for 2211 and not Auditors. I dont recall seeing this ceiling last year, unless I'm wrong. So you comparing with the past is not relevant,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a question ??
Not the OP, but just like to ask.
Is there any hope for accountant with 95 points at the moment? I've just turned 25 so now I have 95 points, DOE: 08/09/20. Getting really tired of all this waiting now...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is there any hope for accountant with 95 points at the moment? I've just turned 25 so now I have 95 points, DOE: 08/09/20. Getting really tired of all this waiting now...
No hope. The occupation ceilings of accountant this year is 1k. There're more than 2k 95p accountants waiting.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The best option for you would be to move to NSW regional and work in your occupation.
and then work on getting 491.

Waiting with 95 points with an EOI which is of 2020 is a waste of time.

People with EOI of July 2019 are waiting so you getting an invite is highly unlikely in the current scenario.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
The best option for you would be to move to NSW regional and work in your occupation.
and then work on getting 491.

Waiting with 95 points with an EOI which is of 2020 is a waste of time.

People with EOI of July 2019 are waiting so you getting an invite is highly unlikely in the current scenario.

Cheers
Yeah, I was planning to do that but Regional NSW just stopped accepting accountants for the time being. At least I'm onshore so hopefully that should give me a slight edge over offshore candidates..
It is quite distressful that there's no other way to increase our points... I'd have to wait until 2022 to get the extra 5 points for 3 year experience.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah, I was planning to do that but Regional NSW just stopped accepting accountants for the time being. At least I'm onshore so hopefully that should give me a slight edge over offshore candidates..
It is quite distressful that there's no other way to increase our points... I'd have to wait until 2022 to get the extra 5 points for 3 year experience.
But the last 491 pre invite which happened in July was really good.

A lot of accountants living in NSW regional got invited and now they are sorted for the next 5 years.

Since they were working in there field, it wont be difficult for them to earn the threshold income as well.

So look into this option seriously and work towards it as soon as possible.

The next regional pre invite round is excpected around Nov 2020 or early 2021

Hope this helps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guys, I have received an offer from Bendigo, Victoria as an accountant (SMSF). They are offering my a package of $55k inclusive superannuation. My questions are:

1. Will SMSF accountant will be a problem while applying for 491 visa?
2. In regards to 491 rule, the salary has to be $53,900. Is it with super or wihtout super?

Would be great if you can help me with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. No problem, as long as the jobs duties and responsibilities match CPA requirements for skilled employment, you can use it as experience.
2. Before super. You need to show an income of more than $53,900 on your income tax assessement for three years. $55k super inclusive would be around $49k salary before tax. Take the offer if it is better than your current job, you can do odd jobs with your ABN later to boost your income and meet the requirement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
1. No problem, as long as the jobs duties and responsibilities match CPA requirements for skilled employment, you can use it as experience.
2. Before super. You need to show an income of more than $53,900 on your income tax assessement for three years. $55k super inclusive would be around $49k salary before tax. Take the offer if it is better than your current job, you can do odd jobs with your ABN later to boost your income and meet the requirement.

Was thinking the same bro. Just waiting for 5th October announcement to see what changes are there. I told them I would be able to join in 2nd week of October. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19181 - 19198 of 19198 Posts