Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

61 - 80 of 19198 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rav

Hi, I can submit EOI through general accountant, management accountant, and even taxation accountant.

Can someone advise me the best option for 189 / 190 (NSW)? Or it is all pretty much the same?

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have applied 190 on 10th August 2015 with 65 points general accountant for NSW.
please someone advise how longer it will take to get invitation with 65 points according to current scenario.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Guys,
i Got positive assessment for my Academics from CPA but till now i did not receive my Assessment Letter which i was suppose to receive couple of weeks back. My question is can i use the E copy attachment they sent me through email?
Thanks in Advance....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a doubt. Very much appreciate any comments. I am an accountant with an accounting qualification and have accounting work experience. I am submitting visa under "Accountant-General- 221111" category. But last year I have started pursuing MBA on a Full Time basis. So obviously I will not be working as an accountant after MBA. CO will obviously decipher this fact when he is processing my visa application. Will this have any impact in the Visa outcome?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No i could not apply for 190 because i was not eligible for it. that is the only reason i am freaking out :eek: because 189 is the only hope for me..:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: :confused2: Let me know once you get an invitation for 189 :)

And yes 190 will be at 65. :) and 489 at 70 i think.
Hi have you received invitation yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys - got my invite on August 3rd.... just submitted my application and all docs today....

Good luck to everyone else for the future.....

congratulations mate, can you share when did you apply for EOI and under which visa class (189 or 190) and how many points you have.

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,
Please help me to solve my query.
i lodge my EOI, here are the details
Lodgement date: 20th april 2015
Visa class : 189
General Accountant

I also add 190 Visa class on 16th september 2015
So my points are now 65 for NSW VC 190 for general Accountant.

I lodge my second EOI for 489 regional visa class
with points: 70.

can anybody give me a rough idea, how long it takes to get an invitation from DIBP.
i am waiting for VC 189 because its nearly 5 months waiting as of 20th September.

How long it takes for 190 and 489.
Thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
can anybody give me a rough idea, how long it takes to get an invitation from DIBP.
i am waiting for VC 189 because its nearly 5 months waiting as of 20th September.

How long it takes for 190 and 489.
Thank you.
Unfortunately NSW are only sending invites on a small scale at the moment so it is near impossible to estimate waiting times. I don't believe any 60+5 pointers have been invited since July.

·
Registered
200 Posts
After receiving a positive skill assessment from CPAA as external auditor I contacted them again enquiring about receiving a second assessment (as general accountant) to increase my options. My worry is that when NSW start issuing invites they concentrate of general accountants to the detriment of external auditors.

They informed me that receiving a second assessment will automatically render my first assessment invalid.

I plan to contact another of the assessing bodies to see if a second assessment from a different body can be done without cancelling the first.

Does anyone have any experience with this ? Is it possible to have 2 live assessments ?
If so, I don't see why this can't be provided by the same body.

Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After receiving a positive skill assessment from CPAA as external auditor I contacted them again enquiring about receiving a second assessment (as general accountant) to increase my options. My worry is that when NSW start issuing invites they concentrate of general accountants to the detriment of external auditors.

They informed me that receiving a second assessment will automatically render my first assessment invalid.

I plan to contact another of the assessing bodies to see if a second assessment from a different body can be done without cancelling the first.

Does anyone have any experience with this ? Is it possible to have 2 live assessments ?
If so, I don't see why this can't be provided by the same body.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Hi, yes, you can apply for a second skills assessment from another authorized assessing body like CA Australia. The first one assessing by CPA Australia is still valid and would not affect your second one, vice versa.

I do not know why CPA Australia can not provide two skills assessment for two professions, this is really inconvenient at all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks Sydney

CPA said they could do a second assessment for 118AUD as they have all the paperwork already so it would have been ideal if I could have used them again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:( the same, i know people who applied before 20 april on 60 points did not get any invitation so far. If it is going to be on a pro rata basis then our chances (60 points) of getting an invitation are very little but if it not to be pro rata for few months then we have a hope....:fingerscrossed:
Have you received the invitation yet?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you received the invitation yet?
Hi SaKaur,

The chances are very slim for 60 points. However, i updated by EOI with 10 extra points on 6th September. So the eoi has 70 points from 6th September. But i was not invited in the last rounds as they only invited 20 applicants. Lets see what happens tomorrow night... :fingerscrossed:

Regards

Gill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for replying. How did you manage to achieve extra 10 points? Is it with 489 visa? I have also applied for 489 NSW with 70 points. Good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
:juggle:
Thanks for replying. How did you manage to achieve extra 10 points? Is it with 489 visa? I have also applied for 489 NSW with 70 points. Good luck
Your welcome, No, my scores improved in the language, 8 in each gave me 10 points extra.. you may apply 190 as well may be? And thanks . Lets see what happens tonight..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did anyone with 70 points get invited? I have 70 points as accountant - general and didn't get invited. But my date of effect is in October so that's not too surprising. I've seen someone with 70 pts who submitted in mid August say they didn't get invited though...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did anyone with 70 points get invited? I have 70 points as accountant - general and didn't get invited. But my date of effect is in October so that's not too surprising. I've seen someone with 70 pts who submitted in mid August say they didn't get invited though...
Hey Bro, i think the question here should be did any accountant got invited.. i think no invitations has been issued for accounting. lets hope they will start soon today.. I am on 70 points EOI 6th september.. May god bless us all with good news:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
sucks that we don't have a clear idea on whats happening with accounting

61 - 80 of 19198 Posts