Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 19226 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Thread is for accountants who submitted their EOI and awaiting the invite both visa sc 189 & 190.

lets share our details and experience with skill select and visa processes so every one could estimate their chances in getting invited in the next invitation rounds!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am worried about the same. I think the cut off for 60 points must have been in end february. I submitted my EOI with 60 points in May as well. I think most of the places will be taken by 65 and above points... any comments?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I have submitted EOI on 11th June,2015 with 65 points under 2211 accountant category. It's 189 visa class. I was expecting invitation on 6th July, but haven't got. Any valueable thoughts???do anyone think i have good chance in next invitation round???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Most likely you will get an invite in the next round. People who applied in april and may have got it. (most of them i know) . Best of Luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
I applied EOI with 189 on 29th April 2015 with 60 points (accountant) not invited on 6th July 2015. :noidea:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I applied EOI with 189 on 29th April 2015 with 60 points (accountant) not invited on 6th July 2015. :noidea:
:( the same, i know people who applied before 20 april on 60 points did not get any invitation so far. If it is going to be on a pro rata basis then our chances (60 points) of getting an invitation are very little but if it not to be pro rata for few months then we have a hope....:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
99 Posts
:( the same, i know people who applied before 20 april on 60 points did not get any invitation so far. If it is going to be on a pro rata basis then our chances (60 points) of getting an invitation are very little but if it not to be pro rata for few months then we have a hope....:fingerscrossed:
Lets hope we get an invitation next month or soon, did you apply 190 as well alongwith 189, or it is advisable i think for 190 we will be at 65 i.e 60+5 for NSW. ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lets hope we get an invitation next month or soon, did you apply 190 as well alongwith 189, or it is advisable i think for 190 we will be at 65 i.e 60+5 for NSW. ?

No i could not apply for 190 because i was not eligible for it. that is the only reason i am freaking out :eek: because 189 is the only hope for me..:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: :confused2: Let me know once you get an invitation for 189 :)

And yes 190 will be at 65. :) and 489 at 70 i think.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No i could not apply for 190 because i was not eligible for it. that is the only reason i am freaking out :eek: because 189 is the only hope for me..:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: :confused2: Let me know once you get an invitation for 189 :)

And yes 190 will be at 65. :) and 489 at 70 i think.
Oh mate ! Dont worry u will get one soon .... So should i apply 190 ? I am eligible for that but i didnt selected that subclass while applying eoi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I have submitted my EOI on the 24/03/2015 with 60 points (missed last financial year´s cut-off by 22 hours) 221111 Accountant General.

My question is, keeping in mind the current trend do you think I have any chance of being invited till Dec 2015 (visa expires), or should I go for PTE again and try to get additional points? Thanks.

Visa SC: 189 PTE: 74/80/82/85 EOI Submitted 60 Points - 24/03/2015 ANZSCO: 221111 Accountant general

Regards,

Paul

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi guys, I have submitted my EOI on the 24/03/2015 with 60 points (missed last financial year´s cut-off by 22 hours) 221111 Accountant General.

My question is, keeping in mind the current trend do you think I have any chance of being invited till Dec 2015 (visa expires), or should I go for PTE again and try to get additional points? Thanks.

Visa SC: 189 PTE: 74/80/82/85 EOI Submitted 60 Points - 24/03/2015 ANZSCO: 221111 Accountant general

Regards,

Paul
Well Because you have applied in march which is very close to the cut off 60 points invitations. This time they only invited 65 points applicants may be next round you might be picked up. Chances are very high, but yes why not try for higher score. I have not appeared for Pte. how did u find it different from ielts? when it comes to difficulty and scoring? Let me know anour your view. My scores in ielts is S= 7.5 W=7, R=8.5, L= 8.5. Cheers. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/QUOTE]Well Because you have applied in march which is very close to the cut off 60 points invitations. This time they only invited 65 points applicants may be next round you might be picked up. Chances are very high, but yes why not try for higher score. I have not appeared for Pte. how did u find it different from ielts? when it comes to difficulty and scoring? Let me know anour your view. My scores in ielts is S= 7.5 W=7, R=8.5, L= 8.5. Cheers. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. In my case I would definitely say that PTE is easier, only if you feel comfortable speaking to a microphone rather than a real person and if you are computer savvy. If that is the case just give it a go. You will be surprised with the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am worried about the same. I think the cut off for 60 points must have been in end february. I submitted my EOI with 60 points in May as well. I think most of the places will be taken by 65 and above points... any comments?
the cutoff for 60 points was on 23rd of March since the last round that invited 60 pointers,
obviously no invitation were send to people with 60 point since then.

with 2525 only invitation this year I think we have a very slim chance to get invited as many the number will be taken by 65+ pointers!!!

specially that many people will be trying to rush their applications now and/or will tr to improve their score because they are not sure accountants will be on the SOL next year

I hope I am wrong

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, I have submitted EOI on 11th June,2015 with 65 points under 2211 accountant category. It's 189 visa class. I was expecting invitation on 6th July, but haven't got. Any valueable thoughts???do anyone think i have good chance in next invitation round???
I believe you have a very good chance getting invited next round, things will be more clear when DIBP purplish the results of 6th of July round on their website in few days!

good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most likely you will get an invite in the next round. People who applied in april and may have got it. (most of them i know) . Best of Luck
you are talking about 65+ pointers right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Regards,

Paul

oh mate, that was very unlucky for you!!!
the good news that you will first to be invited after 65 pointers, you might need to wait for a round or 2 until they clear backlog of 65+ pointers (hopefully not many of them will apply)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I submitted in 189 on 24th June with 65 points (221111) but didn't got invite. Hope to be invited in next round :fingerscrossed: Any idea when will be the next round?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I submitted in 189 on 24th June with 65 points (221111) but didn't got invite. Hope to be invited in next round :fingerscrossed: Any idea when will be the next round?
I've read at some blog that 65 pointers before 30 May have received an invitation. Well, if there are not many 70+ pointers before the next round you are likely to receive an invitation. Good Luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well Because you have applied in march which is very close to the cut off 60 points invitations. This time they only invited 65 points applicants may be next round you might be picked up. Chances are very high, but yes why not try for higher score. I have not appeared for Pte. how did u find it different from ielts? when it comes to difficulty and scoring? Let me know anour your view. My scores in ielts is S= 7.5 W=7, R=8.5, L= 8.5. Cheers. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. In my case I would definitely say that PTE is easier, only if you feel comfortable speaking to a microphone rather than a real person and if you are computer savvy. If that is the case just give it a go. You will be surprised with the results.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mate,

Have you appeared for IELTS or other test if yes, what was your best score?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi mate,
I submitted 189 on 29th June with 65 points? Is there any chance to receive invitation before October? I will lose 5 points after Oct. if I am not invited after Oct, I Need to update my EOI so my waiting queue will be counted after the update?
Some agent said around 300 Members with 65+ submitted in June. I have some concerns now, as only 200 members will be invited each round and 80 of them are 70+ new members.

1 - 20 of 19226 Posts