Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends i need guidance, i got my EOI selected on 30-Oct-13 having 135pts without job offer, so can somebody tell me at most when i can have the ITA? and also there is a one big hitch that is on 25-Nov-2013 my age will gonna be 30 in that case i will lose 5 points...so will that affect the procedure or can i get some kind of grace as my EOI has been selected on such a time...or what are the chances...

plz suggest its urgent...should i go for it or leave it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know about the age part.

My EOI was selected on 16th October and the status online has changed to 'selected'. I also had a letter from immigration confirming this and that things should be checked out and I can expect to hear from someone within around 20 days from selection, which for me, is next week sometime.

From what I understand, and I may be wrong, is that once they check what you are claiming points for are valid (such as qualifications etc), then the 'selected' moves to 'successful' and then you get an ITA.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't fret for now. Depending on time of year, location your application is being processed in, the time can vary. We were picked last year in the sept 28 drawing. We received our ITA and sent the completed app in by oct 17th. We were granted residency in the middle of April this year.

We had about 3 weeks of needing to get documents from the US. We also had a change in job title on the work visa that cost us a week. The case officer told us that they process family members of Kiwis first and hen the rest of us. Also the end of the year is when many take their holidays and things slow down. Good luck, don't worry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about the age part.

My EOI was selected on 16th October and the status online has changed to 'selected'. I also had a letter from immigration confirming this and that things should be checked out and I can expect to hear from someone within around 20 days from selection, which for me, is next week sometime.

From what I understand, and I may be wrong, is that once they check what you are claiming points for are valid (such as qualifications etc), then the 'selected' moves to 'successful' and then you get an ITA.
Thanks CLaris123 for the info.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Friends i need guidance, i got my EOI selected on 30-Oct-13 having 135pts without job offer, so can somebody tell me at most when i can have the ITA? and also there is a one big hitch that is on 25-Nov-2013 my age will gonna be 30 in that case i will lose 5 points...so will that affect the procedure or can i get some kind of grace as my EOI has been selected on such a time...or what are the chances... plz suggest its urgent...should i go for it or leave it...
Congrats getting the EOI selected. You have luckily just managed to get over the line. Doesn't occur often that EOI's below 140 and without job offers get the chance to be selected.

Your EOI will go through preliminary checking now to ensure the points you claim are reasonable and your qualification is recognised etc.
Usually takes anything from 2 to 4 weeks before you will receive notification back.

Don't worry about your birthday. Points are calculated from the date of submission so the fact you were under 30yrs at the time of submission stands. Your points won't be reduced.

Regards

Reactions: pjs and kazemstein

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats getting the EOI selected. You have luckily just managed to get over the line. Doesn't occur often that EOI's below 140 and without job offers get the chance to be selected.

Your EOI will go through preliminary checking now to ensure the points you claim are reasonable and your qualification is recognised etc.
Usually takes anything from 2 to 4 weeks before you will receive notification back.

Don't worry about your birthday. Points are calculated from the date of submission so the fact you were under 30yrs at the time of submission stands. Your points won't be reduced.

Regards
Thanks Esacpedtonz...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good luck!

My EOI was selected Sep 18 , no job offer, then ITA oct 4, so that's the average wait i assume. Usually no longer than a month, also December is a slow month there I heard.

As for your age, I don't think it should be an issue and they have your dob so they'll know your age for sure. :)

So hopefully you will get an ITA ;)

EOI selected with 160pts sep 18,2013. ITA arrived oct 4 2013.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks @Simply me, for wishing me luck and thanks to everyone on this forum as comments from all of u made me brave ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@rajaduraisamy Dear actually my case is being dealt by an authorized immi consultant so i think it must be in "selected" and also with grace of ALLAH i got my ITA yesterday...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear all with the all your wishes yesterday i got my ITA now have to submit docs, thanks for everyone here for guiding and supporting, i may be posting more queries in coming days so need ur same support and guidance as before... :)

also if you guys have any tips for me for the interview and other processing or experiences than do share with me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dear ALL, i have one query out of curiosity, that as if my case is being filed by an authorized consultant, than is there any way to check whether i really got my EOI approved, ITA received...for my satisfaction, as they only has provided me ITA letter in PDF format, although the guys in touch with are really honest and helpful but still i want to know about my application...so is there any way to know this...need a quick reply...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Rajaduraisamy,

Any updates on your ITA? I got my EOI selected on 16-oct-2013. Received a letter saying that it has been forwared to Mumbai branch for preliminary checks. Yet to get the invitation. How about yours?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Friends i need guidance, i got my EOI selected on 30-Oct-13 having 135pts without job offer, so can somebody tell me at most when i can have the ITA? and also there is a one big hitch that is on 25-Nov-2013 my age will gonna be 30 in that case i will lose 5 points...so will that affect the procedure or can i get some kind of grace as my EOI has been selected on such a time...or what are the chances... plz suggest its urgent...should i go for it or leave it...
My Name is Ahmed can i have your cell number of email to contact you my Email :

READ THE FORUM RULES:

No personal information!

·
Registered
8 Posts
RKG,
Since my 6th year of work experience was completed on 12th Nov 2013, I had changed my EOI to 145 points on the same day and it got selected in the next pool selection.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts