Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My EOI was selected on Oct 2nd 2013 with 150 points. Today I have received an email from them stating that my points are reduced to 130 as my claim for my partners education is not valid.

My partner has done her Bachelors of Arts (Honours) from University of Calcutta. When checking the List of exempted qualifications, Bachelors of Arts Honours from University of calcutta was listed as expemted with a condition that all honour degrees will have to get an IQA. (fair enough).

Here are my queries:

- So how does the degree differ ? There is no explanation provided to compare the degree exempted vs my partners degree.

- Should I, without getting into any arguements with them, get a PAR for her qualification ?

- How will I update my EOI ? Will the application reopen for corrections ? Or where should I email the PAR report ?

- Do I have to pay any fees to update my EOI corrections and the points ?

- Can I consider all the others details submitted in my EOI to be accurate ? Since nothing else is mentioned in the email.

- If updated, will my EOI go back to the selection process ? i.e waiting for fortnighly selection and then again another month of re-evaluation of the points ?

I did emailed the agent my queries, but she just mailed me back to refer to FAQ's on the website :mad:

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
Hi, My EOI was selected on Oct 2nd 2013 with 150 points. Today I have received an email from them stating that my points are reduced to 130 as my claim for my partners education is not valid. My partner has done her Bachelors of Arts (Honours) from University of Calcutta. When checking the List of exempted qualifications, Bachelors of Arts Honours from University of calcutta was listed as expemted with a condition that all honour degrees will have to get an IQA. (fair enough). Here are my queries: - So how does the degree differ ? There is no explanation provided to compare the degree exempted vs my partners degree. - Should I, without getting into any arguements with them, get a PAR for her qualification ? - How will I update my EOI ? Will the application reopen for corrections ? Or where should I email the PAR report ? - Do I have to pay any fees to update my EOI corrections and the points ? - Can I consider all the others details submitted in my EOI to be accurate ? Since nothing else is mentioned in the email. - If updated, will my EOI go back to the selection process ? i.e waiting for fortnighly selection and then again another month of re-evaluation of the points ? I did emailed the agent my queries, but she just mailed me back to refer to FAQ's on the website :mad:
Hi,

Bad luck losing the 20 partner points.

Does it matter how the degrees differ ?

Immigration do not tend to explain matters at all. They usually just inform you of straight facts - ie you've lost the 20 points as your partners qualification hasn't been assessed by IQA.
If the exemption list states the qualification must have IQA then this is what you must do.
PAR will not be sufficient.

Your EOI will still be there. After reducing your points it will have been placed back in the pool awaiting selection again, however an EOI with 130 points and no job offer is unlikely to be chosen.
While it is there you can have the IQA report completed on the partner qualification and then you can contact immigration again to update the EOI when you have the certificate result.
This should then increase your points to 150 again and it will be selected automatically at the next fortnightly pull.

Unsure how the EOI is actually updated. I'd say just contact immigration customer services when you have the IQA assessment result so they can guide you.

I doubt there's a further cost to update the EOI points as you've already paid the EOI submission fee.
There is of course a high fee for IQA.

If there were any other issues immigration would have notified you so I would consider this is the only issue with your current EOI.

Good luck.

Regards,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ thanks !!

I think i will go the PAR way, just to be sure before I get any more surprises.

I should be getting the results in a weeks time.

Anyone have any idea how to update the existing submitting EOI ?? Should I just reply to the email that I have received with the PAR results ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Cooldash,

I am in the same situation, my wife has Bachelors of Arts 2 years degree. Should I get PAR/IQA before applying EOI? In addition, what level you got of your wife qualification. Please help me. I am also worried regarding this. I have 130 points and only my wife's qualification can support me to gain further points.

Looking forward and many thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Cooldash, I am in the same situation, my wife has Bachelors of Arts 2 years degree. Should I get PAR/IQA before applying EOI? In addition, what level you got of your wife qualification. Please help me. I am also worried regarding this. I have 130 points and only my wife's qualification can support me to gain further points. Looking forward and many thanks.

Hello Agha,

I would recommend getting IQA for your partners degree. She will get level 7 i think.

All the best 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Cooldash for replying. So finally where is your case after getting PAR of your wife education. Did your case selected from pool and what level have been given to the Bachelor degree.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Cooldash for replying. So finally where is your case after getting PAR of your wife education. Did your case selected from pool and what level have been given to the Bachelor degree.
We have long passed the process and have been issued the Resident Visa. All we r waiting for is a job :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have long passed the process and have been issued the Resident Visa. All we r waiting for is a job :)

Ahaan! Good to know that :D

So may I know total points you got for your case selected? In addition to this, may I know the points you got for your education, experience, age?

I'll highly appreciate if you please share your points.

Awaiting to hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts