Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I would like to submit EOI for the same ANZSCO job code, but, for 2 visas - 189 and 190. Do I have to submit 2 different EOIs for this? If I have to submit only 1 EOI, then, can I submit EOI for 190 first, and later, submit for 189 after I got the required points to submit for 189?

More importantly, can I edit the scores of my EOI at a later point? Specifically regarding my English test, I would be attempting to get a better mark later. And, would editing the score, bring me back to the end of the line [amongst other applicants]?

Next, can I submit my EOI with PTE scores, but edit it later with IELTS scores?

What is Family Name and Given Name in the EOI?
Is Family Name = Last Name
and Given Name = First Name

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

I would like to submit EOI for the same ANZSCO job code, but, for 2 visas - 189 and 190. Do I have to submit 2 different EOIs for this? If I have to submit only 1 EOI, then, can I submit EOI for 190 first, and later, submit for 189 after I got the required points to submit for 189?

More importantly, can I edit the scores of my EOI at a later point? Specifically regarding my English test, I would be attempting to get a better mark later. And, would editing the score, bring me back to the end of the line [amongst other applicants]?

Next, can I submit my EOI with PTE scores, but edit it later with IELTS scores?

What is Family Name and Given Name in the EOI?
Is Family Name = Last Name
and Given Name = First Name

Thanks
1. You can either submit 1 EOI with both 189 and 190; or have 2 separate EOIs, choice is yours. Separate EOIs are preferred. But make sure you remove other EOIs from the system once you get an invitation.

2. You can edit an EOI till it is invited. Yes, if the changes result in changes in your points claim the DOE will reset and you will be at the end of the pool.

3. You can change PTE to IELTS scores.

4. Family name is the Last name/ Surname. Given Name is your First name.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. You can either submit 1 EOI with both 189 and 190; or have 2 separate EOIs, choice is yours. Separate EOIs are preferred. But make sure you remove other EOIs from the system once you get an invitation.

2. You can edit an EOI till it is invited. Yes, if the changes result in changes in your points claim the DOE will reset and you will be at the end of the pool.

3. You can change PTE to IELTS scores.

4. Family name is the Last name/ Surname. Given Name is your First name.

What about the preferred states for 190? Would it be okay to lodge multiple EOIs for each state or would this be flagged?

I do not want to select “Any”. Additionally, if i do select Any, do will I get multiple nominations from different states?

Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
What about the preferred states for 190? Would it be okay to lodge multiple EOIs for each state or would this be flagged?

I do not want to select “Any”. Additionally, if i do select Any, do will I get multiple nominations from different states?

Thanks for your reply!

If you are planning to apply for multiple states, better submit individual EOIs for each of them. It should not be flagged in any way. However, you will have to mention any invites from other states in your applications. Also, make sure you remove any unwanted EOIs once invited.

Selecting any is seen as lack of commitment by some states, so avoid it as far as possible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are planning to apply for multiple states, better submit individual EOIs for each of them. It should not be flagged in any way. However, you will have to mention any invites from other states in your applications. Also, make sure you remove any unwanted EOIs once invited.

Selecting any is seen as lack of commitment by some states, so avoid it as far as possible.

Thanks again for your reply. :)

As per you, “however you will have to mention any invites from other states in your applications” - where do I have mention this? I did not see any specific place to mention this on the EOI application, please let me know

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks again for your reply. :)

As per you, “however you will have to mention any invites from other states in your applications” - where do I have mention this? I did not see any specific place to mention this on the EOI application, please let me know

Not on the EOI; if asked on the State nomination application.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Forgive me, but can you please tell me when do I have to file the state nomination application?

Right after you submit the EOI. Submit the EOI, then apply for a state's nomination on their migration website. They will inform the DIBP if they nominate you, and you will receive the invite from DIBP.

Some states let you apply for their nominations directly if you fulfill their criteria; some may require you to submit an EOI for their nominations as well.

Look for individual state's processes here. State migration sites | australia.gov.au

Reactions: abhisheksha
1 - 9 of 9 Posts