Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

I've been reading this forum and it's a great source of information - Thank you for this..

My husband has submitted the EOI on 11th of April with 60 points under PR189 Visa for ANZSCO NOM OCC – METAL MACHINIST (323214)

Do anyone know what the process time is likely to be? I know that isn't definite date but it would just give us an idea?

Kind regards

Sarah

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Sarah,

Going by past experiences, your husband should have an invite on May-29. Maybe he might miss it by a slight margin and get invited on June-12 instead. As of now, it seems applicants with 60 points who submitted EOI by 21-March have been invited (this statistic isn't official yet though). The next EOI round (on 08-May) might take this number to end of March, and the following one (on 29-May) might send out invites to applicants until 12-April. But, as you said, we can only make an approximate guess.

All the best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your feedback - really appreciate it.

We been looking online and there seems to be a really shortages of machinists - so we're just keeping our fingers crossed.

If you aquire 60 within skillselect program does this automatically guarantee you an invitation or are there loads of other options available to them.

If we were to get a the invitation PR Visa is this then a formality that the visa will be issued. Or could they change their mind.

Really appreciate everyone's assistance and good luck with everyone's application.

Best wishes

Sarah ???

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Having 60 points and provided that your occupation has enough number of invites left (which indeed is the case with you), you are almost guaranteed to get an invite (unless they change any immigration rules that might affect your candidature. This rarely happens though). Otherwise, it isn't a lucky draw of any sort. If you are eligible, you would get the invitation to apply for the visa.

Later, after the invite, you pay up and apply for the visa, which too is a smooth process under normal circumstances. There are certain factors that might lead to visa rejection- like due to character assessment (police clearance), and/ or health reasons, or if it turns out that the applicant was not eligible (with 60 points) in the first place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having 60 points and provided that your occupation has enough number of invites left (which indeed is the case with you), you are almost guaranteed to get an invite (unless they change any immigration rules that might affect your candidature. This rarely happens though). Otherwise, it isn't a lucky draw of any sort. If you are eligible, you would get the invitation to apply for the visa.

Later, after the invite, you pay up and apply for the visa, which too is a smooth process under normal circumstances. There are certain factors that might lead to visa rejection- like due to character assessment (police clearance), and/ or health reasons, or if it turns out that the applicant was not eligible (with 60 points) in the first place.

This is really helpful thank you.. All sounds really promising then - it was a lot of hard work getting all the documentation together but fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Thanks again

Sarah

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is really helpful thank you.. All sounds really promising then - it was a lot of hard work getting all the documentation together but fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Thanks again

Sarah

Thank you for all your help - just to let you know that we received our Invitation on Thursday of this week.. We are so happy..

Very best of wishes

Sarah :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi sarah
I applied skill assessment from vetassess in metal machinist.
My first stage is cleared. So second stage is technical interview.
I want to know that in technical interview what questions they asked.

Thanks
Pawan

·
Registered
161 Posts
meta machinist technical interview

Hi sarah
I applied skill assessment from vetassess in metal machinist.
My first stage is cleared. So second stage is technical interview.
I want to know that in technical interview what questions they asked.

Thanks
Pawan

Hi Pawan,

may i know what happened to your technical interview, i am having interview in next month please help me what kind of questions they may ask, thank you in advance

Regards,
Naveen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Pawan,

may i know what happened to your technical interview, i am having interview in next month please help me what kind of questions they may ask, thank you in advance

Regards,
Naveen.
Hi Naveen,

You should pass through the Vetassess Fact sheets of metal machinist. U can download it from Vetassess. Question will be based on that. 100%.

Cheers

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Naveen,

You should pass through the Vetassess Fact sheets of metal machinist. U can download it from Vetassess. Question will be based on that. 100%.

Cheers

Hi Alonz,

thank you very much for replying

I am just curious to know about how tough is technical interview, and mainly on what kind of questions they will focus, and finally how much time they will do this, thank you

Regards,
Naveen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Alonz,

thank you very much for replying

I am just curious to know about how tough is technical interview, and mainly on what kind of questions they will focus, and finally how much time they will do this, thank you

Regards,
Naveen
Hi Naveen,

Questions will be based on that factsheet. If you are prepared with that, interview should not be a problem. Remember keeps a friendly attitude from the biggining with the interviewer. I had 2 hr 45 min of time.If you have enough experience , interview is just fine.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
what is Reference number/receipt number for EOI (metal machinist) in trade skill assessment
Have no idea what you mean by reference number in EOI. Do you mean ANZSCO? Refer below image.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts