Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anyone know what happens if I start the process of EOI for Australian visa 189/190 a few months before I am 45 but the assessment is completed after I am 45. As I understand it can take sometimes 6 months or even more and I will be 45 in 5 months from now.
Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi,
does anyone know what happens if I start the process of EOI for Australian visa 189/190 a few months before I am 45 but the assessment is completed after I am 45. As I understand it can take sometimes 6 months or even more and I will be 45 in 5 months from now.
Thanks
Your assessment and english test needs to be done before you lodge your EOI, otherwise your visa will be rejected.

You need to receive your invite before you turn 45, only after invite your points are locked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Australian Visa EOI process

Ok, assuming I have the English test results, I need to first wait for the assessment? This can take about month/two? Any idea what I'm looking at?

And then submit my EOI. At this point I need to be under 45, that's clear. Now the EOI takes time itself if I understand correcly and only then I get an invitation to apply for the visa, right? This takes another ~12w if I got it right. And at this point I also need to be under 45?

If it will take for example one year or in my case even 4 months, I will turn 45 already. It means My application will not be handled automatically?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ok, assuming I have the English test results, I need to first wait for the assessment? This can take about month/two? Any idea what I'm looking at?

And then submit my EOI. At this point I need to be under 45, that's clear. Now the EOI takes time itself if I understand correcly and only then I get an invitation to apply for the visa, right? This takes another ~12w if I got it right. And at this point I also need to be under 45?

If it will take for example one year or in my case even 4 months, I will turn 45 already. It means My application will not be handled automatically?
How long you assessment takes depends on which assessing body your occupation is under. For me, who had Vetassess, I could opt for priority processing so assessment for me only took a few days.

How long it will take for you to receive an invitation, depends on how many points you have and your occupation. Right now, to get a quick invite you need to have 75 points or more, due to low quota.

And YES, you need to be under the age of 45 at the time of invitation. So if you turn 45 before invite, you will not be eligible for 189/190 visa..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I already submit EOI in accounting on 80 points but still not getting any reply m really worried because my work visa is really about to finish in few months

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I already submit EOI in accounting on 80 points but still not getting any reply m really worried because my work visa is really about to finish in few months
Accountants are not getting invited at all these days. Plese check the 189 trend they were invited only in a round or two this year

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hi,
Thanks
You have to get the assessment done and invitation before you complete 45 ,until positive outcome from the assessment you can't lodge a eoi.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Accountants are not getting invited at all these days. Plese check the 189 trend they were invited only in a round or two this year

Yup he already applied on his elder brother basis but not getting Any update

1 - 8 of 8 Posts