Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I am applying on my own under Subclass 189 for Australia skilled immigration.

Can someone please address my below 2 queries as my calculated points for EOI mismatches with actual points & I want to provide accurate & truthful information.

1. My ACS skill assessment result says that my degree has been assessed
as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing & my employment after December 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

My work exp. from 2007 to 2011 along with my engineering degree was considered equal to Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

While submitting EOI, Shall I show my experience between 2007 to 2011 or I just need to show experience after Dec,2011?

(If I show my experience from 2007 to 2011, EOI counts my score at 65 points but as per ACS my considerable work experience is from Dec, 2011 only i.e. 60 points.)

2. I got promoted in my present job. While applying for work experience category, do I need to show my present title or previous title or both? i.e. I joined with different title but have different title now under same organization.

(Please note that task duties are very much same in both the roles. I do not wish to be questioned about this mismatch after submitting the application)

Thanks,

·
Registered
36 Posts
a) Only Work Exp assessed and approved by ACS is deemed valid. This is very important since a mismatch in dates could directly mean rejection of VISA.

b) And Only work experience till the date of result of your ACS will count. for ex. If your ACS result was given to you on 1st June, you cannot count the month of june, july and August. In order to that, you need reassess your ACS qualification.

PS: I have had too many different answers on such scenarios. But, I had such a confusion as well. Whilst a migration lawyer told me for part b) you can just claim without re-assessing, but when I contacted ACS and DIBP, they both clearly told me that it is necessary. Some members told me its alright as well, so I dont have a definite answer to that. In my case, I stuck to department's advice.

Dear Friends,

I am applying on my own under Subclass 189 for Australia skilled immigration.

Can someone please address my below 2 queries as my calculated points for EOI mismatches with actual points & I want to provide accurate & truthful information.

1. My ACS skill assessment result says that my degree has been assessed
as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing & my employment after December 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

My work exp. from 2007 to 2011 along with my engineering degree was considered equal to Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

While submitting EOI, Shall I show my experience between 2007 to 2011 or I just need to show experience after Dec,2011?

(If I show my experience from 2007 to 2011, EOI counts my score at 65 points but as per ACS my considerable work experience is from Dec, 2011 only i.e. 60 points.)

2. I got promoted in my present job. While applying for work experience category, do I need to show my present title or previous title or both? i.e. I joined with different title but have different title now under same organization.

(Please note that task duties are very much same in both the roles. I do not wish to be questioned about this mismatch after submitting the application)

Thanks,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Friend,
Thanks for the prompt response.

1. ACS has validated my work experience from 2007 onward only but my bachelor degree is Electronics rather than ICT/Computer Engineering so they considering my Electronics degree with 4 years of exp. as their ICT/Computer engineering degree.
This is ok as I can still showcase experience from Dec. 2011 onwards to get points.

2. I have done ACS assessment in May, 2014 & then I was struggeling for IELTS for quite long time. I am not aware of any such requirement that I need a new assessment of ACS & logically if job profile and organization is unchanged, immigration office should consider it. ACS says assessment is valid for 2 years as well.

However, I will recheck with ACS on point 2 and re-confirm to you. But If what you said is true, then this new assessment will again take lot of time & efforts...:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dear Friend,
Thanks for the prompt response.

1. ACS has validated my work experience from 2007 onward only but my bachelor degree is Electronics rather than ICT/Computer Engineering so they considering my Electronics degree with 4 years of exp. as their ICT/Computer engineering degree.
This is ok as I can still showcase experience from Dec. 2011 onwards to get points.

2. I have done ACS assessment in May, 2014 & then I was struggeling for IELTS for quite long time. I am not aware of any such requirement that I need a new assessment of ACS & logically if job profile and organization is unchanged, immigration office should consider it. ACS says assessment is valid for 2 years as well.

However, I will recheck with ACS on point 2 and re-confirm to you. But If what you said is true, then this new assessment will again take lot of time & efforts...:(
yes, I think its better you check with ACS. Just to let you know, they have been very quick lately with their decision...like it literally took them 15 days to give my decision. Its just a matter of paying the money again. In my case, there was just a month short, so I managed to apply within the 2 months which is considered as a period where I can appeal of them. but anyway, good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts