Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experts need your opinion in filling EOI application. What is the best practice to enter the job experience data in EOI application with respect to ACS result. My 2 years were deducted by ACS as per their policy. There are couple of scenarios which I want to explore.

Scenerio #1: Couple of career episodes along with some months from 3rd career episode were deducted as per ACS assessment policy. How to reflect the same in EOI application in order to avoid excess points claim. Do I need to make the initial 2 jobs as not relevant and split the 3rd job duration with respect to ACS result.

sCENERIO #2: I want DIAC not to scrutinized my initial 2 episodes due to probable verification issues from those employees. It can be possibly achieved by marking it not relevant in the EOI application. In this case I think 2 years from 3rd employment will be deducted w.r.t. ACS policy. How to fill the experience in this case.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Experts need your opinion in filling EOI application. What is the best practice to enter the job experience data in EOI application with respect to ACS result. My 2 years were deducted by ACS as per their policy. There are couple of scenarios which I want to explore.

Scenerio #1: Couple of career episodes along with some months from 3rd career episode were deducted as per ACS assessment policy. How to reflect the same in EOI application in order to avoid excess points claim. Do I need to make the initial 2 jobs as not relevant and split the 3rd job duration with respect to ACS result.

sCENERIO #2: I want DIAC not to scrutinized my initial 2 episodes due to probable verification issues from those employees. It can be possibly achieved by marking it not relevant in the EOI application. In this case I think 2 years from 3rd employment will be deducted w.r.t. ACS policy. How to fill the experience in this case.
Scenario 1 sounds fine.

2nd post explains: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

One thing to be careful of: If ACS letter says experience after May 2015 is counted, then starting date is 1st June 2015 and not May 2015.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but in 1st case DIAC will scrutinize the 1st and 2nd employment even when they are marked as not relevant. I want to avoid it since duration of both is less than an year and can cause unnecessary delays in employment verification.

Love to hear from people having similar case and opting scenario 2.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Yes but in 1st case DIAC will scrutinize the 1st and 2nd employment even when they are marked as not relevant. I want to avoid it since duration of both is less than an year and can cause unnecessary delays in employment verification.

You have to give your complete employment history that you have given to ACS for skills assessment
You have to mark them relevant and non relevant as you have correctly concluded in option 1 and advised by Zaback

Even if it leads to scrutiny by DIBP, you have to provide the same and live with it .
There is no option

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts

If you are not claiming points for that particular employment, then you would not submit any documents for that emplotment too.
Since you are not claiming points for that employment, why would DIBP waste their time on employment which you marked as not-relevant ?

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
If you are not claiming points for that particular employment, then you would not submit any documents for that emplotment too.
Since you are not claiming points for that employment, why would DIBP waste their time on employment which you marked as not-relevant ?
It is not as irrelevant as you make it out to be

ACS has given the AQF based on that job experience also, although they may have deducted the same

Its not as if even if you did not have that experience, you would have got the same assessment results from ACS

So DIBP can verify the claims you made to ACS for those 2 years also as it pertains to your ACS assessment

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not as irrelevant as you make it out to be

ACS has given the AQF based on that job experience also, although they may have deducted the same

Its not as if even if you did not have that experience, you would have got the same assessment results from ACS

So DIBP can verify the claims you made to ACS for those 2 years also as it pertains to your ACS assessment

Cheers

Exactly this is what I am thinking and exploring the scenario 2 where I will make 2 years of job experience as not relevant from the 3 rd employment. Also, keeping 1st & 2nd employment history as not relevant.

Now in this case what will be DIAC approach for processing of application.

By going with this scenario I will sacrifice 5 additional points from employment history but I really don't care if this approach is safe and faster.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Exactly this is what I am thinking and exploring the scenario 2 where I will make 2 years of job experience as not relevant from the 3 rd employment. Also, keeping 1st & 2nd employment history as not relevant.

Now in this case what will be DIAC approach for processing of application.

By going with this scenario I will sacrifice 5 additional points from employment history but I really don't care if this approach is safe and faster.
Then you will have to get yourself assessed again by ACS in my opinion without mentioning any of the experience for which you are not claiming points for or not using to get AQF

I am also not sure if you can hide your employment from ACS

I am not sure and you wait for others to respond

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't want to hide my 1st and 2nd employment. It is just that these job tenures are short and I am not in touch with the employers. I am not sure whether they may or may not respond upon verification. It will be a hassle to communicate to all employers.

My point of view is that since all employments are assessed as closely associated with occupation code then making part of an employment history as not relevant should not cause any issue. As the major problem comes due to over claiming of points.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I don't want to hide my 1st and 2nd employment. It is just that these job tenures are short and I am not in touch with the employers. I am not sure whether they may or may not respond upon verification. It will be a hassle to communicate to all employers.

My point of view is that since all employments are assessed as closely associated with occupation code then making part of an employment history as not relevant should not cause any issue. As the major problem comes due to over claiming of points.
Usually DIBP doesn't assess jobs marked non relevant, but they can as newbienz said too.

If you don't want to include those two jobs due to employer not cooperating, you can get assessed again by ACS and can explain to ACS about non cooperation and ACS will remove those two and give you a new ACS assessment - that's what ACS did to the last guy who asked ACS due to employer non cooperation.

Now if you go ahead and remove those two, ACS will still subtract 2 years minm, so if you can still manage 2 yrs gone from 3rd employment and are fine with it in regards to points, then you can go ahead and get it I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts