Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have filled in the EOI and I could see I only get 120 point in total of 3 sections. I don't get point in anything else. See the image attached.

What would you recommend me to do here? There are no points for English or anything else.

Please advise.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you married? If yes, then if you wife has qualification of Level 7 of NZQA Framework and English language abilities then you can get 20 more points. She needs IELTS 6.5 band to be eligible for the bonus points.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am married. But my wife is Higher secondary school qualified and an technical diploma of 1 years after that, no bachelor's. She scored over all 6.0 in IELTS.

I am surprised, that there are not points for me in English, I scored overall 7.5 and S/L/R/W 8.5/7.5/6.5/6.5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, for English there are no bonus points for the principal candidate even if you have scored IELTS 9 band. She needs an overall score of 6.5 atleast and you might consider adding her diploma if it gets you some bonus points. Otherwise, you need a job offer or you can submit EOI and wait for your luck. Have you already done with your qualifications assessment from NZQA?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done the pre-assessment not the actual assessment. They replied to me saying my qualification is Level 7 and I can submit EOI.

I am Bsc in IT, I was hoping to get bonus point. How do I get those bonus points?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes you are eligible to apply as you have over 100 points. But, for the previous statistics, usually they selected EOI over 140 points. For that you need your wife points. You need to take pre-assesment for your wife also, and if her qualifications gets level 7 then you can claim those 20 points

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She only have higher secondary school education, which is grade 12 and then she has one year certificate for industrial training. I don't think I will be able to get Level 7 for her.

What other options do I have??

One is job offer, which is next to impossible. Other would be to wait for 2 more years and get Masters or gain more experience.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
She only have higher secondary school education, which is grade 12 and then she has one year certificate for industrial training. I don't think I will be able to get Level 7 for her.

What other options do I have??

One is job offer, which is next to impossible. Other would be to wait for 2 more years and get Masters or gain more experience.
You won't be able to get Level 7 for your wife's qualification, but if assessed Level 3 - 6 you can claim 10 points for her assuming she can make the grade in IELTS with a minimum overall pass of 6.5
Nobody gets points for meeting the English Language Requirement as it is a basic requirement. No point Immigration allowing a person from overseas to come here if they can't understand or speak English.
If you submit EOI with 120 points and no job offer it will not get selected. Without a job offer you need 140 points to guarantee selection. If you do get a job offer your EOI will most likely be selected even if it has 100 points to 135 points.
I'm assuming you are claiming all the points you can. Are you claiming bonus points for an occupation off the LTSSL stating you meet the criteria by having the qualification and experience in that occupation ?
You may just have to wait to increase experience years. Going for MA doesn't necessarily help as even though that degree qualification will attract another 10 points over a Bachelors degree you cannot use it to claim LTSSL occupation bonus points as it is too high and does not meet the requirements, meaning you'll gain in one area but lose in another and probably be worse off.

Reactions: tubaropaolo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I am not claiming points for LTSSL, because I have not done a complete qualification assessment, I have just done pre assessment. And the result for that was level 7.

Does that mean if I get full assessment done, and if I get the same result, I will be able to score the bonus point as well as more point for work experience?

Also, my bachelors is based on another certificate, a 36 months study. And then there was a gap between certificate and B.Sc.. I started working since 2007 as IT trainer and 2008 as analyst developer and trainer.

36 month certificate: 2001-2004 (Awarded in 2006)
Job- as IT trainer: 2007 till 2008
Job- Analyst developer: 2008 till now

B.Sc in IT: Dec 2009 till May 2011 (lateral entry and credit transfer of certificate)

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
I guess I am not claiming points for LTSSL, because I have not done a complete qualification assessment, I have just done pre assessment. And the result for that was level 7.

Does that mean if I get full assessment done, and if I get the same result, I will be able to score the bonus point as well as more point for work experience?

Also, my bachelors is based on another certificate, a 36 months study. And then there was a gap between certificate and B.Sc.. I started working since 2007 as IT trainer and 2008 as analyst developer and trainer.

36 month certificate: 2001-2004 (Awarded in 2006)
Job- as IT trainer: 2007 till 2008
Job- Analyst developer: 2008 till now

B.Sc in IT: Dec 2009 till May 2011 (lateral entry and credit transfer of certificate)
Your qualification assessment score won't go down with IQA if you've achieved Level 7 by PAR. IQA is a more thorough assessment so I'd guess the result will be the same but obviously guaranteed for Immigration purposes, so yes you can claim the bonus LTSSL points assuming you meet the requirements for your chosen occupation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
guys, I want to know if I can claim for bonus points for absolute skill shortage? I'm an Accountant. I searched the NZ website and saw that it falls under immediate skill shortage. Is immediate skill shortage the same as absolute skill shortage?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
guys, I want to know if I can claim for bonus points for absolute skill shortage? I'm an Accountant. I searched the NZ website and saw that it falls under immediate skill shortage. Is immediate skill shortage the same as absolute skill shortage?

thanks
The difference between the ISSL and the LTSSL is that LTSSL occupations are in areas of long term identified skill shortages.

Jobs on the ISSL are those occupations where the skill shortage is supposed to be temporary.

Temporary, however, can still mean a number of years.

You need to ensure that your qualifications areof the same standard as New Zealand’s qualifications to be accepted. They either have to be exempt from assessment or have already been assessed by NZQA as meeting the sufficient minimum standard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The difference between the ISSL and the LTSSL is that LTSSL occupations are in areas of long term identified skill shortages.

Jobs on the ISSL are those occupations where the skill shortage is supposed to be temporary.

Temporary, however, can still mean a number of years.

You need to ensure that your qualifications areof the same standard as New Zealand’s qualifications to be accepted. They either have to be exempt from assessment or have already been assessed by NZQA as meeting the sufficient minimum standard.
I see... but is the bonus points for absolute skill shortage only available for LTSSL?

my concern is actually is not having enough points (I only got 130 points) to be selected from the pool of EOI and not having any job offer.. if I can get additional 10 pts from the bonus pts, it could really make a big difference..

by the way, I already included my partner's point of 20 in the 130....

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
I see... but is the bonus points for absolute skill shortage only available for LTSSL?

my concern is actually is not having enough points (I only got 130 points) to be selected from the pool of EOI and not having any job offer.. if I can get additional 10 pts from the bonus pts, it could really make a big difference..

by the way, I already included my partner's point of 20 in the 130....
Yes. Sorry.
You cannot gain bonus points for the EOI associated with the Skilled Migrant Category for an occupation off the ISSL only the LTSSL.
Meeting the requirements of an ISSL occupation only allows you to get an Essential Skills Temporary Work Visa assuming you get a job offer in NZ and in that occupation skill shortage.

In your particular case your only option is a job offer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, for English there are no bonus points for the principal candidate even if you have scored IELTS 9 band. She needs an overall score of 6.5 atleast and you might consider adding her diploma if it gets you some bonus points. Otherwise, you need a job offer or you can submit EOI and wait for your luck. Have you already done with your qualifications assessment from NZQA?
Hello,
As you mentioned in your reply that there are no points for IELTS scores for the principal applicant.
My wife (as partner applicant) has got 20 points for level 9 educational qualification. Would we get some bonus points if she had IELTS scores?
We are stuck with 135 points at this time.
Would IELTS scores for my wife help us get extra points?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please check the below page, in my case we claimed 20 points for my partner, what we obtained about her english is an evidence from her university that english was the medium of intsrucrion of her entire qualification.*

That was enough for us and our Co did not ask for ielts. However, the co asked my wife in the interview about her english usage in our daily life.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts