Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am currently on 485 visa (post graduate skill visa) , this visa is for 2 years. I have already submitted my EOI for 189 but in the mean time my 485 visa is about to expire. I have decided to go back home and wait for the invitation. Is it ok if I wait off shore or will they cancel it if I leave the country? I don't wan't to go back to student visa again.

Thank you.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Hi guys,

I am currently on 485 visa (post graduate skill visa) , this visa is for 2 years. I have already submitted my EOI for 189 but in the mean time my 485 visa is about to expire. I have decided to go back home and wait for the invitation. Is it ok if I wait off shore or will they cancel it if I leave the country? I don't wan't to go back to student visa again.

Thank you.
The EOI will not be cancelled just because you have left the country

However, do update your status in the EOI that you are no longer a student and are offshore

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The EOI will not be cancelled just because you have left the country

However, do update your status in the EOI that you are no longer a student and are offshore

Cheers
How do you update this information on the EOI that I am offshore? I don't see any place for it in the EOI.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
How do you update this information on the EOI that I am offshore? I don't see any place for it in the EOI.
I had filled my EOI, so long back, I have forgotten all the columns to be filled
I thought one of the columns asked for the present location when filling the employment entries

If it's not there, then It need not be filled

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had filled my EOI, so long back, I have forgotten all the columns to be filled
I thought one of the columns asked for the present location when filling the employment entries

If it's not there, then It need not be filled

Cheers
There is a place for "usual country of residence", I put that as Australia. I think I have to change that when I leave the country.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
There is a place for "usual country of residence", I put that as Australia. I think I have to change that when I leave the country.
Also EOI is valid for only 2 years. So, you also to need to consider that. Or submit another one now and suspend it in case, that one expires before you get invite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts