Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have a particular situation where I am seeking advice/opinions from the expert expats out here.

So the thing is I have started the process for 189 and applied for ACS and will be taking PTE soon. I should have both things done in a month's time, i.e. max by Sept end. (could be earlier as well). And then comes EOI submission phase.

The thing is I am getting married in Nov and want to file as married. The question I have is can/should I go ahead and fill in my EOI declaring myself as married without actually being married? I plan to submit EOI as soon as I get my ACS and PTE done i.e. Sept end or Oct first week.

Since EOI processing also takes time and if at all I get a VISA invite early I still have 2 months time to submit all the documents and I will get married during this time frame.

The intent is to not waste time (approx a month and a half) by waiting for marriage and then submitting EOI.

What do you guys think or suggest? Is it okay to do this or there can be repercussions of this in the approval and grant?

Thanks
Gaurav

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hey Guys

I have a particular situation where I am seeking advice/opinions from the expert expats out here.

So the thing is I have started the process for 189 and applied for ACS and will be taking PTE soon. I should have both things done in a month's time, i.e. max by Sept end. (could be earlier as well). And then comes EOI submission phase.

The thing is I am getting married in Nov and want to file as married. The question I have is can/should I go ahead and fill in my EOI declaring myself as married without actually being married? I plan to submit EOI as soon as I get my ACS and PTE done i.e. Sept end or Oct first week.

Since EOI processing also takes time and if at all I get a VISA invite early I still have 2 months time to submit all the documents and I will get married during this time frame.

The intent is to not waste time (approx a month and a half) by waiting for marriage and then submitting EOI.

What do you guys think or suggest? Is it okay to do this or there can be repercussions of this in the approval and grant?

Thanks
Gaurav
Can't you opt for registered marriage beforehand? Let the traditional ceremony be later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts