Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello seniorexpats,

Please help me with the following question on EOI.

Family members:

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?
Yes No

Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application?*

My situation:

I am likely to get married in one year. So, as of now, I am not engaged as well and have no dependents that I can include. By the time I marry, I am sure I will have PR. Perhaps once married, I may want to include my spouse as a PR too. What should I fill for those two questions ? Yes/No ?

I guess No for both questions ?

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
357 Posts
What if a person is availing spouse points as well?

What would be the Answer for below mentioned questions:

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?
Yes or No ???

Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application?*

Yes or No ???

Please suggest..

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if a person is availing spouse points as well?

What would be the Answer for below mentioned questions:

Yes or No ???

Yes or No ???

Please suggest..
Spouse points obviously mean, you are including your spouse on your application and hence in your case, "Yes" is what I feel. Let somebody confirm this though.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
357 Posts
Spouse points obviously mean, you are including your spouse on your application and hence in your case, "Yes" is what I feel. Let somebody confirm this though.

Best regards,
JR

So in both cases it will be YES and count of Dependent would be 1... Is that correct?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I guess so "YES" for both of the questions for you as you are including your spouse as dependent in your application. Let some seniors quickly confirm it though.

Best regards,
JR

I thought so because spouse is a dependent and they need to charge for dependents irrespective of whether one is claiming points for spouse assessment or not..

Awaiting some other to comment on this as well...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought so because spouse is a dependent and they need to charge for dependents irrespective of whether one is claiming points for spouse assessment or not..

Awaiting some other to comment on this as well...
That's very correct. Lets wait for some more guidance from seniors on both of our cases.

For me both No and for you both Yes I guess.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any guidance for both of us by seniors please ? No takers on this thread, surprising.

·
Registered
357 Posts
any update on both the scenarios listed above? Experts pls comment..

G

·
If you do not currently have a spouse to add the answer for both is no.

If you are engaged but not adding her until you are married you can put no for the first question and yes for the second.

·
Registered
357 Posts

If you are engaged but not adding her until you are married you can put no for the first question and yes for the second.
so a married person who is taking additional 5 points for spouse needs to put Yes in both the questions and add 1 as count after Question #1 as well.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks Shel.

As I am not betrothed yet, I will put no for both the questions.

However, I believe it will not affect me in adding or getting PR for my future spouse once I am engaged or married within an years time approximately. Correct ?

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks Shel.

Best regards,
JR
Hi jre05.. Can you shed some light on what have you done with your EOI ?

Did you submit it as Single & answered 'NO' for both the questions ?

Is it okay if you add your partner post receiving invitation to apply on your visa application? Wouldn't the state object to it if its 190 as in my case ?

Regards

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Is it okay if you add your partner post receiving invitation to apply on your visa application? Wouldn't the state object to it if its 190 as in my case ?

Regards
Hey Torrentkid,

Yes, I answered No for both, because I am not still engaged (Don't even know the girl or started the process :p ). So, I cannot say yes too because it might take an year or so for me to get married. Once I marry, I may apply for spouse visa in the future :)

Your second query, I don't know, perhaps others can give you better insight.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

I am having similar query ,What should be my reply to it ,

I am married and have 2 kids.

Question 1 : Yes and 3 ( Dependent)
Question 2 : Yes

Please confirm .. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts

Regards
Hey Torrentkid,

Yes, I answered No for both, because I am not still engaged (Don't even know the girl or started the process
). So, I cannot say yes too because it might take an year or so for me to get married. Once I marry, I may apply for spouse visa in the future

Your second query, I don't know, perhaps others can give you better insight.

Best regards,
JR
Hi JR

I got my PR grant to Australia last week. Mostly in 2 months I'm planning to get married. What is the procedure for a spouse visa.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.