Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I lodged my EOI for Australian 189 visa and after getting invited from DIAC I found that I have mistakenly claimed 5 pts for secondary education which I am not eligible.Without that score I still get 60 pts.What am I supposed to do now?Shd I wait till this EOI gets expired to lodge a new one or is there any alternative to correct this error and file visa application with the same invitation

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi All,
I lodged my EOI for Australian 189 visa and after getting invited from DIAC I found that I have mistakenly claimed 5 pts for secondary education which I am not eligible.Without that score I still get 60 pts.What am I supposed to do now?Shd I wait till this EOI gets expired to lodge a new one or is there any alternative to correct this error and file visa application with the same invitation
hi friend,

if there is any error committed that is not influencing the overall points scores, then you can submit clarification. However, if the changes you are going to make changes the overall points scores, in your case, from 65 to 60, then the case officer may think that you are misleading the information. Hence, i recommend you to wait till the Invite gets expired and lodge a fresh EOI i guess that your occupation is excluded from the list of 6 occupations that follow strict rules for inviting candidates. If that is the case, you can follow the above idea i described. Yet, check the number of seats allocated to your group code for this program year and the occupancies filled up by candidates so far etc.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sathiya..I am a registered nurse...I will look on the occupancies filled up

hi friend,

if there is any error committed that is not influencing the overall points scores, then you can submit clarification. However, if the changes you are going to make changes the overall points scores, in your case, from 65 to 60, then the case officer may think that you are misleading the information. Hence, i recommend you to wait till the Invite gets expired and lodge a fresh EOI i guess that your occupation is excluded from the list of 6 occupations that follow strict rules for inviting candidates. If that is the case, you can follow the above idea i described. Yet, check the number of seats allocated to your group code for this program year and the occupancies filled up by candidates so far etc.

regards,
sathiya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts