Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please clarify a query regarding the claim of employment point in 189 visa
I am assessed as 233513 plant/production engineer.
I have got 5 years of skilled employment assessment (May 2012 to august 2017) which allows me to claim 10 point in EOI.
However, I was also working from from 2009 to 2012(but not assessed by Engineers Australia). I don't want to claim points which is not assessed.
Please clarify how do i fill EOI for the not assessed period i.e (sept 2009 to april2012)
in the Employment section. Do i have mention in the question (Is this employment related to the nominated occupation) as not relevant !!!
please find the attached screenshot for reference
Any advice will be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
please clarify a query regarding the claim of employment point in 189 visa
I am assessed as 233513 plant/production engineer.
I have got 5 years of skilled employment assessment (May 2012 to august 2017) which allows me to claim 10 point in EOI.
However, I was also working from from 2009 to 2012(but not assessed by Engineers Australia). I don't want to claim points which is not assessed.
Please clarify how do i fill EOI for the not assessed period i.e (sept 2009 to april2012)
in the Employment section. Do i have mention in the question (Is this employment related to the nominated occupation) as not relevant !!!
please find the attached screenshot for reference
Any advice will be helpful.
You are correct.
Mark the period 2009 to 2012 for which you are not claiming points as NON RELEVANT.
The system will not give points for that experience when calculating points

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
You are correct.
Mark the period 2009 to 2012 for which you are not claiming points as NON RELEVANT.
The system will not give points for that experience when calculating points

Cheers
Hi NB,

I'm filling the EOI for NSW and not sure how to enter the employment details.

ACS assessment - experience after July 2012 is considered.
Assessment date - 25/9/2018

My current employment dates are Mar 2012 till date (same employer). But period assessed by ACS was only until Jun 2018.

Q1: So should I enter the employment dates as Aug 2012 to Jun 2018?
Q2: Should I mention July 2018 till date as a separate entry and mark as non-relevant?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi NB,

My current employment dates are Mar 2012 till date (same employer). But period assessed by ACS was only until Jun 2018.

Q2: Should I mention July 2018 till date as a separate entry and mark as non-relevant?
You would mark your experience as following for the current employer

A) March 2012 till July 2012 - irrelevant
B) August 2012 - till now (relevant). This is current experience and if haven't change then no need to mention the assessment date.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
Hi NB,

All experience till 31st July 2012 will be entered in the EOI and marked an non relevant
All employments from 1st august 2012 will be marked as Relevant
Split an employment in 2 parts if necessary to achieve the above

Are you working in the same company , job, designation, RnR, location as you were in September 2018 ?
If so you can claim points beyond September 2018 by leaving the TO DATE blank in the last entry in the EOI

If anything has changed, you should stop the entry on that date and start a fresh entry and mark that as non relevant
If you want to claim points still then you will have to get reassessed by ACS

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts