Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am slightly confused about the details in the EOI regarding work experience in the last ten years.

I got a positive Assessment from VETASSESS but it stated one year deduction, because it is necessary for my occupation (221214 - IA). So I entered the following details:

IA from 1st Oct 2011 - to 30 September 2012 - Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? -> No

IA from 1 Oct 2012 to NOW - Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? -> Yes

So I took the as relevant assessed time from VETASSESS as a Yes and the rest as No, because it was deducted. Is this the right way to do it?

I also read in this forum that a CO deducted another year from the VETASSESS relevant years for IA... this would mean double reduction??? Is this right or was this a mistake?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am slightly confused about the details in the EOI regarding work experience in the last ten years.

I got a positive Assessment from VETASSESS but it stated one year deduction, because it is necessary for my occupation (221214 - IA). So I entered the following details:

IA from 1st Oct 2011 - to 30 September 2012 - Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? -> No

IA from 1 Oct 2012 to NOW - Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? -> Yes

So I took the as relevant assessed time from VETASSESS as a Yes and the rest as No, because it was deducted. Is this the right way to do it?

I also read in this forum that a CO deducted another year from the VETASSESS relevant years for IA... this would mean double reduction??? Is this right or was this a mistake?

Kind Regards
That is correct actually.

Generally COs will go with whatever the assessing authority has provided but yes, the assessing authority does state that the final decision will be of DIBP. But I have not really heard of a case where CO deducted more than what assessing authorities provided, but my knowledge is limited on that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, you edited your post... I was about to ask where I can claim points, but there is no option... the only option is related or not... and I only typed in the vetassess assessed time as related, although my previous experience is related too, just not acknowledged...

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts