Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts,

My ACS skills assessment is going to expire soon. I need to reapply for assessment. If I
update my EOI with this new ACS, will my EOI Date of effect change or it will remain same?

Regards,
Sumit Singla

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hello Experts,

My ACS skills assessment is going to expire soon. I need to reapply for assessment. If I
update my EOI with this new ACS, will my EOI Date of effect change or it will remain same?

Regards,
Sumit Singla
As Sharma says, no need to touch it - the only possible disaster is if you get invited after the expiry of the current ACS and before the approval of the 2nd ACS Skills Assessment - so if there is any chance of that, make sure you suspend your EOI until the 2nd ACS Skills Assessment comes back

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

I have heard that if my ACS gets expired I will not get the invitation under subclass 189. If this is the case, I should get the ACS reassessment done before it expires....right?

Again, the question is if I update the EOI with new ACS and the claimed points remain same, then my EOI Date of effect will change or not?

Regards,
Sumit Singla

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello,

I have heard that if my ACS gets expired I will not get the invitation under subclass 189. If this is the case, I should get the ACS reassessment done before it expires....right?

Again, the question is if I update the EOI with new ACS and the claimed points remain same, then my EOI Date of effect will change or not?

Regards,
Sumit Singla
Hi

Yes you need date of assessment prior to invite. As far as i know, DOE will NOT change if points remain the same.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hello,

Regards,
Sumit Singla
DOE will not change as no change in points - EOI should still invite you even with expired Skills Assessment - the system is only as smart as it is programmed to be

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello,

If I get invited with an expired ACS report, what will happen?

Regards,
Sumit Singla
Don't run into that situation. I remember seeing a case where the concerned person was in complicated situation as his EOI was having old date for assessment and his uploaded doc was at a later state.

Others can correct me here ...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hello,

If I get invited with an expired ACS report, what will happen?

Regards,
Sumit Singla
you get refused and lose all your money and your place in the queue starts again with new EOI

Suspend EOI before the next invite after expiry of your ACS assessment, if you do not have new valid one before it expires

Tony

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

One more query!

In my case, my ACS will get expired on 7-Oct-2017. Let's say I proactively apply for ACS reassessment now to get a new ACS report before the previous one expires. In the mean time, if I get the invitation before my current ACS report expires and after few days I also get the new ACS report then what will happen?

Regards,
Sumit Singla

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks

One more query!

In my case, my ACS will get expired on 7-Oct-2017. Let's say I proactively apply for ACS reassessment now to get a new ACS report before the previous one expires. In the mean time, if I get the invitation before my current ACS report expires and after few days I also get the new ACS report then what will happen?

Regards,
Sumit Singla
What is your ANZ code and DOE?

If at the time of invite ACS is valid then no issues post invite.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Thanks

One more query!

Regards,
Sumit Singla
If you get an invite before the current ACS assessment requires, you can forget the new assessment . It's worthless, as far as you are concerned

The old one is good enough for proving that you had positive skills assessment

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello,

What will happen if I get the invite before my current ACS report expires and at the same time my new ACS report is in process or arrives the same day.

Regards,
Sumit Singla

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello,

What will happen if I get the invite before my current ACS report expires and at the same time my new ACS report is in process or arrives the same day.

Regards,
Sumit Singla
Hi

As told already if at the time of invite your OLD ACS is valid, then there is NO USE of new ACS.

BUT

If you get invite when old ACS is expired and EOI uses old ACS, then its not good.

SO,

If you get your new ACS before you get INVITE, then update the EOI with new ACS details.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hello,

Regards,
Sumit Singla
You have to understand that ACS doe not directly upload the report on the Skillselect website. You have to do it.
Which report you use, totally depends on you. You can use any report you,like as long as it is valid. The department does not force you to use the latest one only.

As long as the previous assessment is valid, don't touch your EOI.

On the day it expires, edit the EOI and put the new assessment number and date

Just recheck the implications of having a ACS assessment date which is greater then the date of effect

Simple

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks and one last question.

What is your recommendation on when to apply for new ACS report, before or after the expiry of the current one?

Also, if I suspend my EOI and then enable/activate it again, will the EOI date of effect change?

regards,
Sumit Singla

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Thanks and one last question.

What is your recommendation on when to apply for new ACS report, before or after the expiry of the current one?

Also, if I suspend my EOI and then enable/activate it again, will the EOI date of effect change?

regards,
Sumit Singla
I have already answered that in the last question
If you want continuity in the process, so that you don't miss even a single round, then you have to do it right away as there is a 4/5 weeks delay in processing

If you are ready to suspend your EOI for a few days, you can do the assessment after the expiry of the present assessment

The choice is yours
There is no correct or wrong way in this

If you suspend your EOI and reactivate it, the date of effect will remain the same unless you have gained or lost points for experience or age in the interim period

Cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts