Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I am submitting EOI 263111 for 189 visa. My ACS review has come through with work exp relevent from mar 2012 to date. I started workin in april 2010. On the eoi do i put my start date as 2010 or 2012 as per acs recommendation.

Tx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi guys

I am submitting EOI 263111 for 189 visa. My ACS review has come through with work exp relevent from mar 2012 to date. I started workin in april 2010. On the eoi do i put my start date as 2010 or 2012 as per acs recommendation.

Tx
a) Mention all experience
b) Mark April 2010 till Feb 2012 as NOT RELEVANT
c) Mark March 2012 till Present as RELEVANT

If certain period belongs to same employer and has got divided between "relevant" and "Not relevant", then split it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23,961 Posts
Hi guys

Tx
Please read the letter carefully

ACS would have written AFTER March 2012 and not from March 2012

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am in the same situation, ACS has given the assessment as follows.

"Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University completed May 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing.

The following employment after June 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 06/10 - 07/17 – 7 year(s) 1 month(s)"
Position: Software Consultant

I am working on the same company start of my career.

So what should I place in place of start date.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Your Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University completed May 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing.

The following employment after June 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Hi

To be on safe side use 1 July 2012 as the start date. Hope it doesn't change your claimed points.

I have done this mistake of adding previous month and continuously keep worrying though the date i used (i used 1st X where ACS mentioned after X) doesn't change my claimed points.

I suggest you do not go thru same state of mind.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Relevant from July 1st, 2012 , and you have 5 years 1 month till August 2017, so you can claim 10 points for experience

·
Registered
267 Posts
Relevant from July 1st, 2012 , and you have 5 years 1 month till August 2017, so you can claim 10 points for experience
July 1st , 2012 is sunday. Can I use july 1st or july 2nd.

·
Registered
458 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts