Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need some advice with how EOI's work and which migration program year they affect depending on the submitting date.

I intend to submit an EOI before the 1st of July 2016. I have to questions with regard to this move.

1) I'm afraid my occupation will be no longer on the list MLTSSL for the upcoming year. As a result, I would be no longer eligible from the 1st of July 2017.

Will submitting an EOI before 01/07/2017 put me in the queue for the migration program of 2016-17?

So, if that is possible I have a following question:

2) I will lodge my MSA with EA in a week but the outcome will not be available before 1st July 2017. What I would do is lodge an EOI by 30th of June 2017 stating I do possess a positive assessment. If I receive an invitation the outcome of my MSA would have another 59 days to arrive. I could then lodge my visa application as an applicant from the 2016-17 program year, right?

For this, I would have to tick the right degree title assessed by EA in SkillSelect. I had been awarded with the German engineering title Diplomingenieur, which is the equivalent of a Masters' degree. Does any Diplomingenieur in this forum has had his/her skills assessed by EA before? I anticipate EA to assess my education as a Bachelor's degree.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Torvid

Points breakdown:
Superior English - 20
Bachelor's Degree: 15

OVERALL: 65

Applying for: Skilled Independent (189)

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hi all,

I need some advice with how EOI's work and which migration program year they affect depending on the submitting date.

I intend to submit an EOI before the 1st of July 2016. I have to questions with regard to this move.

1) I'm afraid my occupation will be no longer on the list MLTSSL for the upcoming year. As a result, I would be no longer eligible from the 1st of July 2017.

Will submitting an EOI before 01/07/2017 put me in the queue for the migration program of 2016-17?

So, if that is possible I have a following question:

2) I will lodge my MSA with EA in a week but the outcome will not be available before 1st July 2017. What I would do is lodge an EOI by 30th of June 2017 stating I do possess a positive assessment. If I receive an invitation the outcome of my MSA would have another 59 days to arrive. I could then lodge my visa application as an applicant from the 2016-17 program year, right?

For this, I would have to tick the right degree title assessed by EA in SkillSelect. I had been awarded with the German engineering title Diplomingenieur, which is the equivalent of a Masters' degree. Does any Diplomingenieur in this forum has had his/her skills assessed by EA before? I anticipate EA to assess my education as a Bachelor's degree.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Torvid

Points breakdown:
Superior English - 20
Bachelor's Degree: 15

OVERALL: 65

Applying for: Skilled Independent (189)
From 1st July 2017, if the ANZSCO code is removed from the MLTSSL list , then no invites will be issued and all pending EOIs with that ANZSCO code will just be canceled in the system.

Having an EOI in place before 1st July gives you no advantage if the job is removed from the list

Also don't try to submit a false declaration that you already have been assessed as you will have to give the reference number and the date of the assessment in the EOI

Apply for assessment as soon as possible and submit all required documents and wait for the assessment and then submit the EOI in a legal way

Cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
1- If your occupation will have been removed by Next July, all lodged EOIs will be cancelled and only invited applicants will not be affected.

2- you can't lodge your EOI before receiving a positive outcome from EA as the reference of the outcome is one of the requirements to fill the EOI. Moreover, I have clarified that lodgment of EOI will not be beneficial if your occupation got removed.

3- With regard to assessment by EA, I don't know

Finally, I don't believe that civil engineering occupation might be removed next year for many reasons. You better work hard on assessment at the current stage to submit your EOI. This should be your main concern nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, okay. Makes more sense anyways. Thanks for your insightful explanation.

I don't believe Civil Engineering to be removed, too. However, those migration agents start to scare the **** out of you with their advices.

Another point is that the recent changes we have seen were unexpected and who knows what Turnbull is coming up with next...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.