·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Below are my job details:
Job 1: Oct 2011 to Jul 2014.
Job 2: Aug 2014 till date.

I got my ACS result (+ve), which says experience to be counted starting from Oct 2013 (first 2 years of experience subtracted).
In my EOI application (subclass 189) should I state my first job starting date as Oct 2011 or Oct 2013?

I'm asking this because this is changing my point score. Ideally I should get 5 points for work experience (between 3 to 5 years). But when I put the actual starting date (Oct 2011), it is awarding me 10 points.
Please advise.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi guys,

I got my ACS result (+ve), which says experience to be counted starting from Oct 2013 (first 2 years of experience subtracted).
In my EOI application (subclass 189) should I state my first job starting date as Oct 2011 or Oct 2013?

I'm asking this because this is changing my point score. Ideally I should get 5 points for work experience (between 3 to 5 years). But when I put the actual starting date (Oct 2011), it is awarding me 10 points.
Please advise.
You cannot claim points for the experience deducted by ACS. If you do, and lodge a visa on the invite based on this information; your visa application will mostly likely be rejected.

In your EOI, you will have to fill your experience as follows:

- Job 1: Oct 2011- Oct 2013 - Mark it as Not-relevant
- Job 1: Oct 2013- July 2014 - mark it as Relevant
- Job 2: Aug 2014- (leave TO DATE blank) - mark it as Relevant

Reactions: SainiG and subhban

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi guys,

Please advise.
2 years ACS deducted you cant claim points. Otherwise it will be a over claim and leads to rejection of Visa.You have to make separate entries for non relevant & relevant entries for the jobs in EOI. ACS must have mentioned something like "The following employment after Month Year is considered to equate" . Pay attention to "after Month Year". Means you can point the experience after that month as relevant experience for points claim.
If ACS mentions "after October 2013" - You should put employment entries in the following way.

Job1 - Starting Date to 31st Oct 2013 - Not relevant
Job1 - 1st Nov 2013 - End date of the employment - Relevant
Job 2 - Starting Date - Leave Blank for To Date if its the current employment - Relevant

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi scorpion24,

I have the same situation where ACS mentioned the below.

"The following employment after October 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level".

However, my agent (MARA registered) claimed my work experience points from October 2008. When I asked about it, he told me that it should be from October 2008 and not from November 2008.

Now I don't know what to do :confused:

2 years ACS deducted you cant claim points. Otherwise it will be a over claim and leads to rejection of Visa.You have to make separate entries for non relevant & relevant entries for the jobs in EOI. ACS must have mentioned something like "The following employment after Month Year is considered to equate" . Pay attention to "after Month Year". Means you can point the experience after that month as relevant experience for points claim.
If ACS mentions "after October 2013" - You should put employment entries in the following way.

Job1 - Starting Date to 31st Oct 2013 - Not relevant
Job1 - 1st Nov 2013 - End date of the employment - Relevant
Job 2 - Starting Date - Leave Blank for To Date if its the current employment - Relevant

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi scorpion24,

I have the same situation where ACS mentioned the below.

"The following employment after October 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level".

However, my agent (MARA registered) claimed my work experience points from October 2008. When I asked about it, he told me that it should be from October 2008 and not from November 2008.

Now I don't know what to do :confused:

It should be from 1 NOV 2008
I have confirmed it with ACS. YOu too can do that. Does using 1 Nov change your claimed points? If yes, then change the EOI ASAP.

If not, then also no harm in updating it to 1 NOV as your DOE will remain the same even after this change

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have confirmed it with ACS. YOu too can do that. Does using 1 Nov change your claimed points? If yes, then change the EOI ASAP.

If not, then also no harm in updating it to 1 NOV as your DOE will remain the same even after this change
Though I haven't dealt with ACS in the past; nor will do in the future, just posting a general question.

Say I have the following experience- 15/09/2007 to 14/09/2017. And ACS deducted 2 years with employment AFTER Sep 2009 positively assessed.

In this case should the claimable experience start from 15/09/2009? or, as you mentioned, 01/10/2009?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Though I haven't dealt with ACS in the past; nor will do in the future, just posting a general question.

Say I have the following experience- 15/09/2007 to 14/09/2017. And ACS deducted 2 years with employment AFTER Sep 2009 positively assessed.

In this case should the claimable experience start from 15/09/2009? or, as you mentioned, 01/10/2009?
Mine was something similar case. I wrote to ACS and they said AFTER Sep 2009 clearly means 1 OCT 2009.
In my case the claimed points stayed the same though.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mine was something similar case. I wrote to ACS and they said AFTER Sep 2009 clearly means 1 OCT 2009.
In my case the claimed points stayed the same though.
Fair enough.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you Sharma1981 for the suggestion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks parth1310 & scorpion24.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts