Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

I received my ACS assessment yesterday and I now have total 75 points for visa 189 (263111 Comp. Networks and Sys engr).

1) I would like to know when can I except the invite if I submit my EOI today, I believe the next invitation round is 18th october?
2) My marriage date is yet to be fixed, and I would like to take my to-be wife along with me, considering the long wait for partner VISA. Should I wait until my marriage dates are fixed which could be 3-4 months before I apply for the EOI?
3) Let's say I send my EOI, and receive an invite in the next round or two, I will have only 2 months time to submit my VISA application. Is there anyway i can make an application for my partner, without the marriage certificate. We've known each other for about 10 years now, but do not have any joint accounts or live together.

Appreciate your help.

English: 20
Education: 15
Work exp: 10

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
You'll receive an invitation for 189 immediately in the next subsequent round after your EOI submission for sure, but prefer to wait and time it closer to your marriage date because otherwise your partner cannot pass the dependency test without a marriage certificate. The only other option would have been de facto partner, but for that, "living" together is a condition: see Definitions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts