Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Please clarify this to me. I got my positive ACS results sometime back and I had mentioned my last 9 years experience (Company 2+Company 3) which is relevant to my profession. However while applying EOI, I also included my experience from the first company (Company 1) which is around 1 year and I marked it as non relevant experience. I did not mention this in ACS as it was not relevant.

Is this ok that I am showing one additional non relevant experience in EOI which is not mentioned in ACS results? Will it cause any issues?

Your inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Girish

·
Registered
748 Posts
No I don't think it will cause issues since you are not claiming any points for that experience.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Guys,

Please clarify this to me. I got my positive ACS results sometime back and I had mentioned my last 9 years experience (Company 2+Company 3) which is relevant to my profession. However while applying EOI, I also included my experience from the first company (Company 1) which is around 1 year and I marked it as non relevant experience. I did not mention this in ACS as it was not relevant.

Is this ok that I am showing one additional non relevant experience in EOI which is not mentioned in ACS results? Will it cause any issues?

Your inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Girish

Dude..If you knew that experience was irrelevant you should have anyways mentioned it to ACS ,they would assessed it as irrelevant .Now why do you want to mention it in you EOI is beyond me :rolleyes:.I read somewhere that in your EOI one should mention only the things that ACS has assessed and nothing more...goodluck!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dude..If you knew that experience was irrelevant you should have anyways mentioned it to ACS ,they would assessed it as irrelevant .Now why do you want to mention it in you EOI is beyond me :rolleyes:.I read somewhere that in your EOI one should mention only the things that ACS has assessed and nothing more...goodluck!!
I was thinking the same thing.

However, sometimes if there are significant gaps in your profile, CO asks what you have been doing during that time.

But I don't think this will be an issue. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
As long as one is not claiming points for an experience, it should be safe..but again the CO's(DIAC) the boss..he will have the final say...goodluck!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Either way you would need to mention these details in Form 80. So, I think it should not matter. You are also not claiming any points for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts